Marketing Director, Vietnam & Laos
- Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays,
The Country Marketing Director for our business in Vietnam & Laos (brief as Vietnam) is accountable for the management of the Brand, solutions and client marketing activities within Vietnam & Laos countries.
You will work as a key member of the Vietnam Country Team to accelerate business growth, with a P&L mindset focused on optimizing team performance and marketing investment. You will drive customer centricity within the organization by understanding the evolving payment ecosystem and changing consumer needs.
You will have a dual reporting line to both IPVMC (Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam & Laos, Myanmar, & Cambodia) Cluster Marketing Head, as well as Vietnam Country Manager. You will be supervising Vietnam marketing manager, with him/her reporting directly into you.
Brand, Solutions & Campaign Management
Locally adapt marketing strategies for the Visa brand, products and capabilities building innovative and highly effective marketing programs to drive revenue, adoption of new solutions by clients and consumers, and increased brand vitality.
- Lead VN marketing team to execute marketing plans, working collaboratively across functional teams & IPVMC in-country marketing teams
- Implement evidence-based strategic marketing plans for Vietnam market to achieve key business metrics based on country priorities
- Effectively develop & strengthen Vietnam marketing team capabilities that grows and guides Visa marketing in Vietnam market with digital and social at the core
- Continue to evolve digital adoption and usage, building team capability and seeking opportunities to co-create with agencies, internal stakeholders and external partners
- Management responsibility for Vietnam market media and creative agencies, look for scalable creative solutions across IPVMC and drive efficiencies
- Overall management responsibility for Vietnam relationships with key social platform partners including Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram and local country platforms
- Manage the sponsorship portfolio including Vietnam implementation of global platforms including FIFA & Olympics and local partnerships. Prepare and negotiate contracts for approval by the IPVMC cluster head of Marketing. Evaluate effectiveness and communicate outcomes, learnings and best practice
- Manage, forecasting and financial reporting
- Drive excellence in project management and optimize ROI
- Consult and liaise with clients on integrating client requirements into creative development and execution
Display Visa values, behaviors and leadership principle in interactions with all internal and external stakeholders.
Client Marketing – with support from IPVMC Cluster Marketing Lead
- Work extensively with Head of Client Relationship Management, Head of Merchant Sales and Solutions, Head of Product and Head of VCA in Vietnam to define individual client business objectives and priorities in order to develop and deliver insightful and impactful marketing strategies as part of the Visa 360 offering.
- Build, train and strengthen client marketing capabilities and to deepen issuing and merchant client relationships, providing marketing strategy through to activation including optimal use of Visa capabilities and assets (VAS)
- Provide tailored, marketing strategy and activation input to client RFPs
- Establish a high touch client servicing model aligned with the Vietnam country strategy/operating model and individual client’s needs, including developing agreed client marketing plans, weekly / monthly / quarterly / yearly internal client team engagement, across marketing teams with all key clients.
People Leadership and Management
- Drive effective leadership through leading and coaching a Marketing team in developing and ensuring implementation of team goals aligned with the country goals and the functional goals
- Collaborate directly with functions (finance, product, marketing, government relations, merchant sales & solutions, corporate relations, legal, compliance etc.), to ensure that each function contributes to and supports the execution of client plans
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure they are fully aligned and briefed about clients’ and business partners’ environment; ensure that client plans for the market are developed in conjunction with, understood and shared by the supporting functions within Visa
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing Management / Business or equivalent
- Post Graduate degree (Masters) preferred
- 12+ years of proven experience of related consumer & client marketing management, top-tier Financial, Payments, Technology or FMCG industry preferred
- Passion for our business, technology innovation, with high energy and intelligence
- Proven experience in managing great creative work, effective partnership in managing agencies across creative, media, digital, research, and below the line activities
- Strong project management skills and analytical thinking
- Confidence and demonstrates proven ability to work with clients across existing and new partners
- Communication development and execution experience including digital
- Experience in managing complex, cross-functional projects across internal and external organizations
- Ability and mindset to work collaboratively across various Visa
- Experience working in complex, cross-functional projects / teams across internal and external organizations
- Ability to operate effectively and efficiently in a challenging, fast-paced environment