Front End Software Engineer - Security Engineering
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
We are looking to hire a Front End Software Engineer to join the Security Engineering team, working out of Visa's Global HQ in Foster City, California. You will play a critical role by implementing visual elements that users see and interact within the cybersecurity products and services being engineered by the team with a truly global impact.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Knowledge of data visualization frameworks like d3.js or highcharts is required
- Knowledge and experience using webpack/gulp/grunt/elixir that allows showcasing of build process automation as a front-end engineer
- Experience consuming data from REST API and using it for dynamic visualization is required. This also includes understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Knowledge of image authoring and editing tools like Gimp or Photoshop is required
- Proficient understanding of web markup including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Knowledge of material design for the web is a plus.
- Knowledge of Go web frameworks like buffalo is a plus
- Background with either deploying or using the ELK stack, consuming logs, and data munging is a plus
- Knowledge of implementing systems using Solr, Lucene, NLP is a plus
- Core Engineering: Build, design, engineer, and develop new user-facing features and interfaces. The candidate needs to possess software engineering skills that allow them to build new capabilities and solutions vs. simply integrating an existing open source platform or operating a vendor solution.
- Partnership: Partner with product owner and UI/UX team to translate design wireframes to engineering components that will produce visual elements for the cybersecurity products while validating the technical feasibility of such designs.
- Aesthetics: You will be taking the lead for the UI elements of our products including buttons, fonts, and spacing with a design system that is consistent across all our products.
- Performance: Performance is critical with a key focus on ensuring network requests are minimal, images and code is compressed and optimized, among others.
- Code Quality and Reusability: Being a member of the security team, the position with leverage coding standards and build with security in mind. Build reusable code and front-end libraries and templates for future use. Rewriting of any existing code using robust type-safe and memory safe languages while incorporating faster data piping and parallel processing frameworks.
- Presentation: Present results to a cross section of employees, including senior leaders at Visa. Utilize graduate-level research and analysis skills.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work “0-5%” of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.