Director, VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) System
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
- Lead a team of personnel in design, software development, testing and support of the VIP system.
- Instill a culture that works toward the highest standards while ensuring that business requirements are understood and adhered to.
- Work closely with other VIP teams to help determine long-term technology strategy for areas of responsibility.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure that strategic planning activities are given appropriate focus.
- Be an advocate for activities and practices that help to boost overall corporate financial health.
- Work closely with colleagues in other technology departments as well as the business and product offices to establish effective, productive business relationships; leverage these relationships in order to better understand global business and market drivers, as well as technology initiatives that affect the VIP area.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
- Candidate must be able to establish and sustain effective software development and support practices that includes working with team members across multiple geographies.
- Good working knowledge of program and project management methodologies and the role of technology resources in support of those methodologies.
- Track record of managing the delivery of complex, multi-faceted technology initiatives.
- Solid understanding of software development methodology practices, and a proven history of deploying those practices to ensure successful execution against technology initiatives.
- 5 or more years of strong leadership skills, with recent experience leading a team and driving to results.
- Ability to establish and sustain effective, professional relationships with product and business managers; work closely with business partners in order to understand business drivers and market requirements.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD.
- Experience with IBM's high availability, high volume TPF (Transaction Processing Facility) environment is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of card payment services processing is highly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in computer sciences, electrical engineering, information systems or a related technical discipline is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.