Staff Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We’re looking for the next generation of Techies - dreamers, disruptors, creatives and trailblazers - who are fascinated by new technology and want to be empowered to change the way business is done. We are looking for candidates who are highly engaged, not a box checker, and be able to challenge the status quo.
As a Senior Developer, you will be part of our Technology Partner Integration (TPI) team to help design, enhance and build our integrations with different e-commerce platform and POS systems in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will play part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API, Container based services to highly functional, secure, scalable and resilient real time and batching systems. You will work with external System Integrators to help build some of the popular e-commerce and POS Systems. You must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, have the ability to work in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment, and be able to prioritise multiple demands. You will be responsible for creating and implementing best practices, finding areas of improvements, and coordinating multiple work streams.
Our ideal candidate will:
· You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 12+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 9+ years of Software Development Experience
· Understanding of middleware/integration technologies (EPIC, Cegid, Oracle XStore, ETLs, APIs, Web Services, REST, SOAP)
· You have payments related SME knowledge in one or more of the following industries – Retail, Healthcare, Hospitality (lodging, restaurant) and Personal Services
· You have experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
· We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions
· While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals
· You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail
· You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together
· You have proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand the requirement and architect, design and build the solution.
· You have the passion to understanding people and to always striving to improve our products and services!
Our engineers do more than just write code:
· You’ll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs
· You’ll use technologies that include Java, REST, NoSQL, Docker and more
· Champion Agile to inspire change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process
· You will analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution
· You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, mobile technologies, quality assurance, scripting languages and operating systems
· You’ll leverage on new technologies to build the next generation of Payment Integrations
· You’ll lead efforts to architect, design and implement various components of our global transaction processing systems
· Your DNA would include following and creating software best practices and processes.
· You’ll lead meeting and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams
· You have excellent interpersonal skills and above all, you are team players
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management. As part of CyberSource™s continued growth and expansion we are looking for talented, articulate and bright individuals who want to make a difference.
CyberSource has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for e-commerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
CyberSource is a subsidiary of Visa Inc. CyberSource operates in Europe under agreement with Visa Europe.