Polytechnic Traineeship, Human Resource Business Partner
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role of this polytechnic trainee will be part of the AP HR team is to support the execution and strategy of Asia Pacific (AP) HR South East Asia, reporting into the HRBP. As a member of the AP HR team, the trainee will support the delivery of the Talent Agenda, HR initiatives and HR operations for South East Asia. This focus of this role is divided into 3 parts:
- HR Business Partner: 30%
- HR initiatives: 40%
- HR operations: 30%
He/she will possess a mindset to help support execution of the above activities. The successful trainee will be comfortable working in an ever-changing fast-paced environment to coordinate and execute projects; work closely with his/her internal counterparts for successful delivery of HR programs and services to the business.
- Support the HRBP on HR initiatives, engage with internal stakeholders with a focused on a talent agenda designed to recruit, develop and retain talent in the business
- Participate in meetings, providing guidance and support for organizational planning
- Work with HRBP to development initiatives that align HR agenda in support of business strategies and client groups
- Deliver efficient client-service HR mentality that promotes trust and value for the HR function
- Support the HRBP in delivery of human capital strategy, change and talent goals and initiatives in business groups
- Any ad-hoc projects and tasks as assigned
So what are we looking for in a Polytechnic Trainee?
- Strong ability to collaborate and work as part a diverse and dynamic team
- Strong intellect with ability to combine analytical reasoning and judgment
- Able to deal effectively with multiple initiatives and complex matters simultaneously
- Mature, self-motivated, results driven, flexible and customer focused
- Highly articulate with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical and can be trusted to do only the "right thing" for the employees without compromising integrity.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented to challenge the status-quo sensitively and constructively.
- Exercises judgement in a transparent manner with a strong team focus.
- Possess values and leadership that demonstrates alignment to Visa's Values (Integrity, Clients, People, Collaboration, Innovation and Excellence)
- Students pursuing diploma courses in Business, Management, Psychology or Human Resource Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience in previous Human Resource role is a plus
The Polytechnic Traineeship Program runs from Feb/Mar 2020 onwards. The minimum duration for this internship is 3 months.