Staff Software Engineer - Java/Microservices
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa provides a challenging environment of volume, velocity and variety that is rarely matched. Candidates looking forward to thrive in such environment are encouraged to apply.
This role will participate in design discussions, create solutions, develop programs and ensure successful delivery of business capabilities. This role will assume technical ownership of multiple applications and create robust and scalable solutions.
The position is responsible for the maintenance of the Data Services platform, design & development of various data as services platform components for internal use by Data Lake and different development teams. The position is also responsible for the end to end implementation which includes maintaining the project schedule, tasks, dependencies, coordination with other groups and the management of the vendor development resources. The data services platform consists of web and web services components developed using Java/J2EE and messaging technologies.
- Take complete end-to-end ownership of application.
- Translate business requirements and source system understanding into technical solutions
- Work with business partners directly to seek clarity on requirements and propose solutions
- Define solutions in terms of components, modules and algorithms
- Development and Implementation of the proposed solution
- Identify or develop software frameworks to be used
- Refactor existing solutions to make it reusable and scalable
- Come up with Coding and Design best practices
- Lead and mentor a small team
- Develop Test Automation scripts & Automate Deployment of various Data services components
- Develop code that follows established coding guidelines and Visa security standards
- Work independently and responsible for the unit testing of various data as services platform components.
- Author design, build and installation documentations
- Work closely with various teams to diagnose, troubleshoot and fix issues that cause impact to customers
- BS / MS in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of development using Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate
- Experience working with modern JS frameworks like Angular/React.
- Strong knowledge in designing & writing RESTful web services
- Working Knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem/Big Data Stack, Map/Reduce Framework, Spark is a plus
- Knowledge of NoSQL Graph databases like Neo4j would be a plus
- Experience with RDBMS and SQL development is expected
- Strong knowledge of database concepts, systems architecture, and data structures is a must
- Process oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work independently and mentor others in the team and with minimal supervision
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and change direction mid-course based on business drivers
- Development experience in Cloud/Virtual environments
- Open source framework experience such as Struts, Spring, Caster, Quartz, DWR, JQuery
- Message based application development using JMS, MQ Series/Rabbit MQ.
- Experience in implementing Elastic Search is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Agile & waterfall development experience
- Strong communication skills, with proven ability to present complex ideas and to document in a clear and concise way
- Experience using version control and bug tracking tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.