Head of Business Performance & Strategy - Level 6
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as Head of Business Performance & Strategy we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
· Strategic Planning – work closely with the Head of MS&A and their leadership team to drive growth across all 7 European clusters. This will include creating compelling executive presentations which articulate key strategies for clients or market segments, supporting monthly or quarterly business reviews and leading the annual business planning process in partnership with Finance.
· Business Transformation – work on major projects to make change happen across the markets that help create a more agile, innovative and commercial culture. Being a partner to BPO leads across other functions and the CEO office to achieve transformation in a collaborative manner
· Analytics - Leading the development of key reports for business leaders with actionable insights and the creation/use of insights for commercial deals and decision making. Provide periodic reporting on scorecard KPIs & evaluation criteria used to maximize efficiency & productivity.
· Sales Enablement and commercialization –Have oversight of the sales pipeline and metrics to forecast performance against target. Oversee the commercial deals process and ensure strategic considerations are met
What we expect of you, day to day.
· Lead and co-ordinate a portfolio of strategic projects related to MS&A growth initiatives to accelerate go-to market and drive commercial outcomes, overseeing a team of 2-3 individuals
· Collaborate with leaders across clusters and functions within MS&A and the broader European leadership team and interact effectively in a matrix organization with Product, Marketing etc
· Balance facilitation, influence, and content contributions to help business leaders design, advance and execute their respective strategies
· Understand client needs and the overall business objectives to analyze large amounts of data and drive key insights for leadership and Account Executives.
· Ensure strategic and financial soundness and alignment for any recommendations. Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations. Ensure an external perspective including competition and innovation.
· Provide clear, concise, fact based and persuasive executive level communications which facilitate prioritization and high impact decision making.
· Supervise and / or develop research, lead interviews, analysis and financial modeling, framework and presentation development, and presentation of insights and recommendations to a variety of stakeholders. Proactively identify, structure and lead on complex issues to quickly arrive at recommendations that drive business priorities and deliver financial results
· Serve as a true advisor to the Head of MS&A, and a primary point of contact for the Europe leadership team to ensure alignment against goals, and roadmaps for success
· Maintain excellent commercial and business landscape knowledge, to provide solid foundational context for critical strategic projects.
· Comfortable working within a complex and often ambiguous environment, with the ability to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management, other executives, functional, or regional management while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organisation.
· Orchestrate and facilitate monthly/quarterly business reviews.
· Support improved sales process, pipeline management and accurate forecasting through the Playbook tool
· Enhance the commercial decision making ability of MS&A leaders through oversight of key deals, providing both analytic support and strategic insigh
What we’re after…
· Typically, a very solid and relevant experience including experience in data analysis, management consulting, payments industry, retail strategy, financial services and/or previous strategy functional experience in a global organization.
· Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor; attention to detail and ability to structure and analyze sophisticated modeling and data analysis
· Ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly, and to structure and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously with focus on a drive to completion and tangible impact.
· Demonstrable proficiency in strategy development and creating compelling executive presentations.
· Strong customer focus, commercially oriented and in depth understanding of global trends affecting merchants, acquirers and payments. Experience in using Playbook or Salesforce tools a plus
· Leadership and management skills – sound judgement, committed to motivate extended team members contributing from various collaborative teams based projects. Exceptional project management and leadership skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams and complex multi work-stream projects.
· Effective at building insights from research, data collection and analysis. Required knowledge and experience working with economic theories, strategic and prioritization frameworks, scenarios analysis, and competitive assessments. Knowledge of payment industry revenue drivers a plus.
· Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible with ability to influence in a highly matrixed organization.
· Pro-active and effective communicator, with strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Experienced at presenting information to all levels, with ability to facilitate group discussions and debate and proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across geographic and functional lines and levels
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.