Senior Director, Cloud and Infrastructure Automation
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Cloud Engineering team at Visa is driving an exciting transformation for internal Visa product development teams building a Cloud that allow them to build apps using principles of Cloud-Native, DevOps and Continuous Delivery. The Cloud is a complex offering supporting multiple providers, database/middleware/data analytics and ML/AI products. These platform standards must meet operational and security standards required by organization. The Cloud is offered via an intuitive self-service portal and RESTful API and ever expanding to newer capabilities like containers.
The Senior Director of Cloud Platform will lead the design, development, operationalization and support of cloud platforms to enable application teams on their journey to cloud-native modernization.
1. Engage proactively with Cloud product and program management to:
-Identify requirements for platforms with focus on data analytics, ML/AI, containers
-Prototype, build out and alpha/beta test solutions with a fast feedback loop
-Set up documentation and reporting around platform usage and support
-Scope, size and prioritize team work
2. Work with Cloud infrastructure and operations team to
-Perform POC's on vendor products and define standards
-Capture, design and build requirements from operations teams for platform support
3. DevOps ownership includes managing end to end operations for (but not limited to)
-Self-service portal that allow developers to consume Cloud
-Container CI/CD platform that adheres to platform and security standards defined by organization
-IaaS management for one or more providers
4. Recruit, mentor and manage an agile engineering team
-Asses and build a global presence as needed
-Identify and fill in implementation and support gaps
12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD.
5+ years directly leading engineering team(s) in:
- The build out and management of an enterprise grade private cloud (VMWare preferred)
- Experience of building apps or automation using either of the public clouds, AWS preferred
- Experience of using one of the configuration managements tools ; Chef preferred
- Build out and management of PaaS platform across web, middle, data tiers
- Build out and management of enterprise grade container infrastructure ; Kubernetes ecosystem or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of web frameworks (AngularJS, NodeJS) and experience leading an engineering team building user interfaces.
- Strong knowledge of Microservices, OO Design Patterns, TDD, Continous Delivery
- Knowledge of Cloud concepts, especially IaaS/PaaS and exposure virtualization technology
- Developing and/or supporting cloud-native 12-factor applications preferred
- Demonstrable ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, fast paced environment
· Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
· This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
· This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.