Staff Software Test Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
· Help us achieve our goals by understanding the requirements and coming up with the best test strategy.
· Design and implement reusable automated test frameworks to drive test automation goals and to support continuous integration and regression testing. Utilize and extend existing test automation test harnesses.
· Execute test plans and track test results on regular basis and drive team to improve the process.
· Drive test solutions in terms of test coverage, test methodologies and automation
· Test solutions in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability, security and compatibility with other legacy- and / or external systems
· Understand and practice QE functions in an agile development cycle using Scrum process.
· Conduct early project scoping and collaborate with cross-functional teams in identifying testability goals across n-tier platforms.
· Manage test platforms as the primary QE environment steward
· Interface with Product Management, Project Management, Software Development, and Quality Engineers to ensure that a high quality product is delivered which meets or exceeds all published guidelines
· Has implemented innovations and efficiencies that have made an impact on the team
· Has a “model the way attitude”
· Academics: Degree in Computer Science (BS or MS) or related field from distinguished university with solid GPA
· Experience: 6-10 years of industry experience
· Attention to detail: The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
· Curiosity: A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why tasks are done a certain way
· Creativity: The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas.
· Strategic focus: Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
· Communication: Excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
· Enthusiasm: A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
· Strong work ethic: The innate drive to do work extremely well
· Excellence: Passion for high quality and efficiency
· Evangelism: Be Comfortable leading meetings and discussions with non-technical teams.
· Leadership: Proven track record of responsibilities as a technical lead.
· Mentorship: A guide who can coach and mentor team members.
o Understanding of Object Oriented Principles
o Ability to write code in C# and/or Java
o Demonstrated knowledge of SQL and RDBMS concepts.
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills
o Strong analytical and problem solving skills
o Agile Experience
o Experience testing APIs and service side components
o Web services standards and related technologies (XML, XSL, X-Path, JSON, Rest, Soap)
o Knowledge and/or experience in finance/payment industry a plus