Senior UX Designer
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa User Experience is seeking a Sr. UX Designer with expert capabilities in user research and the design of engaging user experiences. The Sr. UX Designer will create and improve B2B and consumer facing web/mobile payment applications for Visa’s Authorize.Net suite of products.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, and innovative thinking coupled with an aptitude and affinity for team collaboration and open communication. This individual is both highly analytical as well as highly creative, and consistently demonstrates superb design, writing and presentation skills. This individual fosters collaboration both inside and outside the team, evangelizes and promotes UX within the company, and can juggle several high-level projects while delivering A-level work on all of them. This individual is able to confidently justify research and design decisions based on a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Factors, Design, Psychology, Sociology, or related field.
- Applicants must provide a link to their portfolio of work samples
- 5+ years of experience in User Experience Design and/or Research
- Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction or supervision
- Able to collaborate with business partners and build upon their vision using sound UX principles
- Passionate about making web and mobile applications easier to use and accessible to all users
- Subject Matter Expertise in interaction design
- Understanding of design techniques and principles involved in the production of conceptual prototypes and wireframes
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to communicate concepts and recommendations confidently to a variety of audiences
- Thorough, methodical, and exhibits an extreme attention to detail
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in spoken and written English
- Strong problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance, expertly manages time and independently manages competing, simultaneous projects and deadlines
- Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with development of a product
- Proficiency designing and developing prototypes using Sketch, Invision, Balsamiq, Axure, or other industry tools
- Experience conducting usability tests (including with users with disabilities
- Experience working with SCRUM in an Agile environment a plus
- Subject Matter Expertise in Accessibility (508/WCAG) a plus
- Visual/artistic design skills a plus
- Group facilitation and teaching (design thinking) skills a plus
Applicants must provide a link to their portfolio of work samples
- Design usable, accessible and engaging user experiences for the web and mobile based on research and best practices.
- Participate in discovery sessions and help create user journeys, user/task flows, wireframes, hi-fidelity mockups, and other UX artifacts as needed
- Translate UX research into design recommendations and UX requirements
- Work with diverse team of product owners, UX designers, developers, and business partners in a fast-paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 2% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.