Director – Global Sourcing – Professional Services
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Professional Services global portfolio is valued in excess of $200M and is managed with two global directors with direct line into the Sr. Director of Corporate, Employee & Professional Services under the direction of the VP of Strategic Sourcing. This role will co-lead the development of this portfolio through the development of multi-year global category strategies in partnership with business demand councils.
The Director will manage all of the sub-categories, which include Consulting, Finance Services, Outsourcing, Innovation, Legal Services as well as others, and have accountability to delivery against department and functional goals. You will need a strong sense of urgency and the ability to succinctly frame issues and alternatives to drive decisions forward.
• Engages and establishes business partnerships with cross functional leadership across Visa to collaborate, influence, and drive sourcing strategies.
• Explores and evaluates sourcing options from the business’ perspective to find suppliers and solutions that best meet its needs
• Brings business and sourcing perspectives together, helping the business to see the potential and impact of sourcing recommendations.
• Drives multiple complex sourcing strategies, scope requirements, Business Partnerships, and navigate complexity within a large global matrixed organization
• Creates a shared vision by embedding and integrating the role of strategic sourcing into various parts of the business
• Drives cross-functional negotiation teams, influences customers in the decision-making process, implements world-class negotiation techniques and contractual clauses. Educates business & suppliers on TCO concepts and deliverables
• Maintain strong external focus by leveraging industry peers, organizations, associations and by continuing to build strong relationships outside of Visa
• A champion for change that can act decisively to drive decisions, while demonstrating agility to support the evolution of business needs
• Communicates effectively and frequently, listens carefully, and actively seeks and values the perspectives of others
• Develops strong relationships with global supplier executive account teams. Can build a case for the business to champion SRM practices and can encourages supply market innovation ideas.
• Support the implementation of Global Sourcing policies and procedures.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• 10+ years of experience in the procurement of services or indirect categories.
• 5+ years of demonstrated leadership in the global categories of: Consulting or Finance Services, Outsourcing, Innovation or Legal Services preferred
• Past experiences challenging the status quo by developing business cases for change through leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insights to drive a broad strategic impact across an organization
• Demonstrated contract and agreement negotiation experience, including development of negotiating plans and strategies.
• Knowledge of the full end to end P2P process and e-Sourcing preferred
• Strong relationship-management skills and ability to communicate effectively, and collaborate with, senior-to-exec management. You need to be able to tell compelling stories through insights and data
• Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-15% of the time