Ecosystem Risk Analyst
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
The global Product Organization delivers the holistic product strategy for Visa and accelerates the seamless delivery of our products into markets. We are at the core of Visa’s overall vision to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products and services to people all over the world.
Our business in Sub-Saharan Africa includes more than 45 markets of the most exciting economies in Africa, and include our offices in Johannesburg, Nairobi, Lagos, Abidjan, Accra and Kigali. As part of the Product team in SSA, you will assist in designing and implementing the go-to-market strategy for product sales and deployment at Visa. Your role may include aspects of consultative client engagement, product strategy, execution, and analytics to craft solutions to meet customer needs. You will also be working with a team that supports technical conversations and deployment with external partners, including advising on how they can work with Visa to build custom solutions that utilize their strengths to enhance Visa’s solution bundles.
The incumbent will run the execution of Visa’s risk policies and programs in the areas of Data Security, Third Party Agents (TPAs) / Vendors oversight, Franchise Risk and Brand Protection – across Issuers, Acquirers and TPAs / Vendors of the Central Europe Middle East and Africa (CEMEA) region. These risk programs have the objectives of maintaining a resilient payment ecosystem and its integrity, by identifying and remediating high risk clients and TPAs / Vendors as well as by eliminating illegal / unethical merchants.
The Franchise risk programs help identify Issuers and Acquirers exceeding high risk thresholds, requiring intervention from Visa, aimed at education, risk mitigation and in the absence of acceptable course correction, notification and penalties, as defined in Visa’s rules. The Brand Protection program ensures the integrity of the payments ecosystem in compliance with Visa’s rules and applicable laws. Violators are notified with corrective action to be taken. TPA and Data Security programs ensure compliance of ecosystem stakeholders to PCI DSS and Visa rules compliance. This role includes frequent interactions with internal stakeholders including Risk Managers (RMs), Merchant Services, and Global Risk counterparts. The role will provide opportunities to communicate with clients and other external stakeholders around risk program notifications. The role is part of the CEMEA Risk Strategy & Operations team, with a direct reporting to the Head of Acquiring and Ecosystem Risk.
- Review weekly/monthly reports from the global team, prepare notification to Visa clients and follow up with the actions plan
- Provide general administrative support to Visa risk and program managers
- Assist in generating regular and ad hoc reports for Visa programs
- Complete all required reports generation, analysis, internal and external notifications, manage followups till resolution and client billings, with minimal operating errors, and within stated turn around times.
- Support review and decisioning of documentation and registration details provided by TPAs and Vendors.
- Support RMs on individual cases and handling clients queries
- Follow up on enforcement cases: ensure that client submits remediation plan or waiver request in time. To challenge and support RM requests for waivers, preserving the integrity of the programs.
- Prepare for monthly Non Compliance Assessments (NCAs) recommendation meeting with internal stakeholders. Ensure that recommendations and final decisions are documented accurately and are as per the delegation matrix (RACI)
- Maintain overall process compliance through necessary document trails and data related to the risk programs, minimizing operational errors and ensuring clean internal audit ratings with no significant gaps
- Review and recommend proposed global changes to policies and programs, incorporating requirements of the region and recommending appropriate decisions.
- Typically, 3+ years of relevant risk management or operations experience in a high volumes process management environment having clearly laid out policies, controls, delegation matrix and service level agreements (SLAs).
- Results oriented with good problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Should have proficiency and experience of Excel and Power Point, especially in terms of handling large volume of data on Excel.
- Time management and prioritization skills will be instrumental in achieving results
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree