Director, Cross-Border Strategy and Program Management
- Bangkok, Thailand
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Director, Cross-Border Strategy and Program Management will be a key member of Visa’s business unit supporting cross-border activities. The individual will be based in Bangkok, responsible for leading program management, strategy development, and coordinating execution for Cross-Border (XB) activities in the region, reporting to Country Manager and supporting the Regional Head of XB across a range of activities.
- Structure and solve XB related business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders and working with XB team functional leads (e.g. Marketing, Product, Merchant and Data Science leads) to make recommendations on a wide range of issues
- Help design strategies, which change the trajectory of growth, evolve our client relationships, and break through constraints to generate tangible impact on Visa’s XB performance - focused on Travel and eCommerce; also new payment flows (B2B, Remittances, Fintechs
- Drive and coordinate multi-functional work streams including strategy development and specific topics pertaining to XB; in partnership with Data leads setup performance monitoring for key strategic indicators, helping drive XB initiatives forward from concept to focused, resourced execution plans
- Collaborate with relevant regulatory agencies (e.g., tourism boards, ministry of commerce, ministry of finance, central bank) to leverage Visa’s cross-border capabilities to support the digital economy agenda
- Support Regional lead in developing clear and concise executive level communications. Communicate recommendations to mid-senior management, other executives, for regional staff in a clear, concise and impactful way
- Support Regional lead in guiding, coaching and alignment with Cluster XB champions on an ongoing basis, and help set them up for success for cluster priorities on XB
- In partnership with business leaders and external providers, assess market intelligence and research needs across key corridors and markets – act as an SME on XB Travel and eComm related trends and data sources
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. MBA preferred
- 12+ years of business experience, with a minimum of two years in a top tier management consultancy coupled with a solid track-record of operating in an in-house corporate strategy / multi-functional role
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of the payments business
- A proven track record of delivering high impact results working on projects in the areas of corporate strategy, growth initiatives and new market/segment/business strategies
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Ability to coordinate cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a peer with functional and regional leaders within Visa. Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
- Proactive and effective communicator. Experienced at presenting information to all levels, with ability to facilitate group discussions and debate and proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across geographic and functional lines
- Global or multi-national business experience is preferred
- Travel: This position requires the incumbent to be able to travel