Manager, Corporate Social Media
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Manager of Corporate Social Media is responsible for the execution of Visa’s corporate social media programs across LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor and Instagram. This role sits within the Global Corporate and North America Communications team, which is responsible for crafting and communicating the Visa story across stakeholder groups including clients, employees, media and industry influencers.
The right candidate will have a mixture of skill sets that combine content creation and storytelling capabilities with a strong understanding of how to engage audiences across Visa’s social channels. He/she will be conversant in the data and analytics that are unique to each social platform, and will leverage that knowledge to shape and inform Visa’s communications efforts to be more effective in delivering measurable results.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4-5 or more years of experience in digital storytelling, social media, communications or marketing.
- Demonstrated track record of creating and executing successful social programs for LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor, Instagram etc. that achieve specific communications objectives effectively and efficiently
- Experience managing paid social media content programs and defining program KPIs
- Ability to report out on programs and analyze data to drive content recommendations and create reporting dashboard
- Impressive teamwork and relationship-building skills, leading by influence and example
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-changing environment
- Experience collaborating with and managing/directing agency partners and vendors.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, with a proven track record of identifying and building relationships with external and/or internal stakeholders.
- Team player able to work on multi-part projects across teams and able to ensure project deadlines and budgets are met.
- Excellent attention to detail; strong organization and time management skills.
- Comfortable using CMS systems and handling basic HTML formatting.
- Familiar with SEO best practices and able to deliver SEO-optimized copy within guidelines.
- Familiar with social and digital media monitoring and metrics
This is an individual contributor role responsible for executing against the social media program on a daily basis. This role needs to operate in a matrixed and time pressured environment and be able to respond to quick turnarounds and output. The position will report directly into the Senior Director, Digital Channel Strategy.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
The incumbent may be required to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.