Staff SW Engineer (TPF, TPF C++, TPF Assembler)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 15,000+ talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The successful candidate will be working on the VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) system. The VIP system applies business logic and routes digital currency between transaction acquirers and issuers globally. The candidate should be a motivated self-starter requiring limited direction.
- Maintain and enhance the Visa Integrated Payment (VIP) system
- Provide support and problem resolution for the VIP system
- Business and technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support
- Ensure that the standard software development life cycle is followed
- Develop technical specifications from high level business requirements
- Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Initiative to ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that meets technical requirements
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline is required
- 9+ years of applications design and development experience required
- 5+ years development on a Transaction Processing Facility (TPF) Operating System preferred
- Experience in developing electronic payment systems is desirable
- C/C++ and OO design required
- Familiarity with IBM Assembler and the Transaction Processing Facility (TPF) operating system is desirable
- Familiarity with VPARS, TPF toolkit and debugger, and testing TPF in a VM environment
- Knowledge of zVM and zLinux.
- Knowledge of TPFDF
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required
- Proven experience in all application development activities to successfully implement solutions in a highly complex environment
- Proven ability to use efficient coding techniques to produce well-structured, easily maintainable code
- Ability to work well with a team in a high performance organization
- Ability to use efficient coding techniques to produce well-structured, easily maintainable code
- Ability to develop technical specifications from high-level business requirements
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and maintain focus