Lead Systems Architect
- Bellevue, WA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Product Service Reliability Team is looking for a senior, highly accomplished, visionary Software Architect that is passionate about building scalable, secure and highly reliable, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment.
As a Lead Systems Architect, you provide strategic architecture leadership to project architects and your product partners on large and complex projects for merchant payment management solutions. You understand the business imperatives tied to these strategic projects. You provide technology leadership and are the technical expert on strategic projects, drive the release strategy and guide the delivery of strategic projects aligned to business strategy on innovative payment acceptance, integrated commerce management, powerful risk management and marketing tools. You maintain awareness of dependencies between projects and delivery vision, while ensuring engineering excellence to the five nines. You build the strategy for your teams to architect, design and deliver the next wave of enterprise FinTech innovation.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD)
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience
- Prior knowledge and experience working with FinTech
- Experience with successful design, architecture and technical project management
- Strong written and verbal communication, problem solving, and soft skills
Deep technical understanding of distributed services
Ability to provide technical leadership and consultation to resources at both peer and junior levels
Ability to deliver creative and innovative solutions to requirements and constraints for multiple initiatives in parallel while working in a complex and fast-moving environment
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 30% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.