- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to support client implementation of Visa products and services globally, Client Services is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including: Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s DPS, CyberSource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business. Global Client Support Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying and resolving issues of moderate complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance.
- Provide information and direction to clients regarding Visa products, tools and services, Visa rules, integrated billing and transaction research.
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system enhancement support.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure processing system performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization.
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain
a working knowledge of Visa products and services.
- Proactively work with the client to identify strategic
opportunities and operational cost efficiencies, manage moderately complex assignments that are diverse in scope, and search out appropriate courses of action.
- Research and resolve client’s business and transaction
processing and billing issues by obtaining and examining all relevant
information to determine cause and facilitate resolution.
- Identify and analyze processing issues with client impacts; consistently communicate situational status and resolution; advise on SLA performance both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Support biannual business enhancements and all Visa mandates.
- May require after hours support for client or Visa needs.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- More than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in
organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish
productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer
expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb
technical information and apply it to business solutions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- Build deep relationships internally as well as with assigned client’s line of
- Embrace technology and develop a deep enough level of understanding of transaction flow, supporting systems and basic system architecture in order to confidently navigate through conversations with technology / support teams and report key executive and client status updates related to platform changes and/or operational issues
- Proactively manage internal stakeholders to ensure a level of accountability, accuracy and responsiveness for client facing deliverables
- Consistent ability to clearly and concisely summarize complex technical concepts, ideas, issues to Sr. Managers. Understand when and how to escalate.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal counterparts to drive a collaborative, customer-first culture and to hold yourself and others accountable for responsiveness, delivery and lessons learned
- Familiarity with using a CRM system to ensure appropriate tracking of issues and visibility of account plans for internal stakeholders
- This position will not quality for relocation assistance
Incumbent must be available during core business hours
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.