Senior Network Architect
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The global network architecture team drives network evolution for Visa Inc., including Visa's Wide Area, Data Center and Corporate Networks. The team is also responsible for driving an innovation agenda that drives Visa’s ambitions towards improved security, availability and agility across all network environments.
As a member of Network Architecture team, the Senior Network Architect will be responsible for work on technology proof of concept efforts, development of network automation frameworks, and support of multiple ongoing efforts to evolve Visa’s network environments. The preferred candidate will bring a customer centric mindset towards technology evaluation and implementation of change within Visa’s network team. As a team member, you will be engaged in software development, documenting and communicating results from technical assessments to a team of technologists, performing knowledge sharing with network engineers and infrastructure reliability engineers, and driving technology evaluation across the network architecture team. The preferred candidate should be well versed in industry technology, comfortable with hands on software development and automation work in order to effectively engage in several ongoing projects without any need for assistance.
The ideal candidate is a passionate technology enthusiast with experience and interest in network architecture, automation and design. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and work well with other talented networking professionals. If you are a strong Network Engineer/Architect that enjoys working for a technology focused company driving network evolution, then this is for you.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Prior experience in network architecture or engineering for large enterprise high-availability consumer-facing or B2B network interactions.
- Experience with Python, Ansible, and other development frameworks as applied to Network Automation.
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper and Arista network products.
- Design knowledge of IP networks for data centers and/or WANs
- Experience with Data Center and Wide Area Networking technologies, network design, and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing technology trends and articulating technology recommendations.
- Experience with technology Proof-of-Concept projects, lab trials, and vendor/technology evaluation
- Experience working with highly-effective engineering teams.
- Interest in researching new technologies and methodologies, researching vendor technology solutions, and estimating costs associated with these solutions.
- Excellent communicator with ability to document and present technology concepts and work across teams.
- Collaborate with network engineering and security teams. Make recommendations on next-generation capabilities to support new business opportunities.
- Research, plan, evaluate and recommend network architecture technology solutions across Data Center, Wide Area and Corporate Network.
- Perform hands on development work with Python, Ansible, and other development frameworks as applied to Network Automation.
- Leverage design knowledge of IP networks for data centers and/or WANs for Cisco, Juniper and Arista network products as part of network architecture and automation work.
- Assess technology trends and articulate technology recommendations for Data Center and Wide Area Networking technologies, network design, and implementation.
- Work with the Information Security to ensure architected solutions meet Visa Security Requirements.
- Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization and technology solutions
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position may require occasional travel up to 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.