Deployment Manager – Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Head of Product Propositions, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
We are seeking a Deployment Manager, a role that requires excellent planning, communication and decision-making skills. Working with multiple internal and external stakeholders, this is an implementation role to execute and aid the delivery of Visa capabilities.
You will be the delivery leader of this client’s global implementation projects.
- In a client-facing role, manage and control the creation of key deliverables.
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and create value for the organization
- Build and maintain strong stakeholder support and trust to deliver projects and programs.
- Proactively anticipate stakeholder needs and ensure processes are executed to minimize disruption
- By pushing the organization to become client-oriented, while maintaining internal stakeholder expectations
- You will begin to coach the organization to be proactive about identifying problems, resolution, and opportunities for internal and external stakeholders
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Builds and maintains trusted relationships with stakeholders (executives, internal, external) and SMEs.
- Tracks progresses of propositions and initiatives to provide proactive support as they transition into implementation projects.
- Prioritise demands of stakeholders, aligns these with the project goals, and communicate decisions to all impacted stakeholders.
- Reviews/tracks project status, resource allocations and manages risks, conducts program diagnosis, and recommends corrective action when needed.
- Initiates implementation projects and identifies key SMEs to engage.
- Can provide consultative support to address ambiguity and provide options for delivery.
- Identifies potential issues and risks related to implementation, supporting technology capability, competitive technology, and in-house alternative technology and plans to address the risks. Seen as a trusted advisor with customers.
- Proactively work with stakeholders to identify problems, resolutions and opportunities.
- Proactively consider client needs and goals to inform the customisation of implementation.
- Facilitates business process working sessions to assess gaps, remove bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and communicates suggested improvements in work process when identified.
- Addresses scope changes and escalates when necessary.
- Predicts and forecasts resource requirements according to the available budget.
- Encourages others to express their views openly.
- Customises messages to different audiences in a thoughtful, engaging, and relevant way.
What we’re after…
- Ideal candidates are in a technical project management role and possess solid specific role experience within a large matrix organisation.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience.
- An experienced expert on all software tools and programs – Microsoft Teams; Microsoft Project & Office.
- The role requires resilient self-starters with the ability to think and act independently at times.
- Sound knowledge and experience of financial services, banks and/or technology firms.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills/ability to influence multiple stakeholders both internally and externally, specifically in working in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to manage senior stakeholder engagements within Visa and at the banks.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.