Software Development Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
We are looking for a world-class Software Development Manager to lead our high caliber Payment engineering team. The candidate will be responsible for managing senior engineers and ensuring that our core payment processing platform features are delivered on time with the highest levels of quality.
· Manage and grow the Payment engineering team that is responsible for our high-volume & secure transaction processing engine
· Be very hands-on; the job will involve about 10%-15%of coding in Java, REST web services and related technologies
· Actively participate in code reviews, and in design and architecture decisions
· Help engineers develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles
· Collaborate with the broader Payment teams on technology strategy
· Adhere to our extremely Agile based software development & release processes, and implement constant improvements
· Participate in our PCI compliance activities and ensure that state of the art security standards is followed
· Work with product owner and business team to identify stories and ensure timely release of features with highest quality
At least 6 years of professional work experience in software product and platform development, with some management experience.
· Strong working knowledge of SaaS platforms and software products that are built for high volume transaction processing
· Strong technical skills in Java or Python stacks; along with RDBMS and/or No SQL DBs
· Good understanding of performance and security architectures
· Demonstrated ability to design customer focused, architecturally robust, solutions that provide best in class software experiences for our users.
· Knowledge of TCP/IP, experience with network programming
· Experience in CI/CD lifecycle using Git, Maven, Jenkins, etc.
· Excellent people & conflict resolution skills; positive and can-do attitude
· Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
· Prior experience in the financial services industry highly desired
· BS or MS in Computer Science or other Science/Engineering related field or significant demonstrable professional work experience.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel 10%+ domestically
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.