Senior Hadoop Administrator-Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You will be responsible for the following:
- To Perform Hadoop Administration on Production Hadoop clusters
- Performance tuning and increase operational efficiency on a continuous basis
- Monitor health of the platforms and Generate Performance Reports and Monitor and provide continuous improvements
- Work closely with development, engineering and operation teams, jointly work on key deliverables ensuring production scalability and stability
- Develop and enhance platform best practices
- Ensure the Hadoop platform can effectively meet performance & SLA requirements
- Support of Hadoop production environment which includes Hive, YARN, Spark, Impala, Kafka, SOLR, Oozie, Sentry, Encryption, Hbase, etc.
- Perform optimization capacity planning of a large multi-tenant cluster
- Bachelor's Degree in IT/Engineering related field
- 5 or more years of work experience in maintaining, optimization, issue resolution of Hadoop clusters, supporting business users and batch
- Experience in configuring and setting up Hadoop clusters and provide support for aggregation, lookup & fact table creation criteria
- Map Reduce tuning, data node, NN recovery, etc.
- Experience in Linux / Unix OS Services, Administration, Shell awk scripting
- Experience in building scalable Hadoop applications
- Experience in Core Java, Hadoop (Map Reduce, Hive, Pig, HDFS, H-catalog, Zookeeper and OOzie)
- Hands-on Experience in SQL (Oracle ) and No SQL Databases (HBASE/Cassandra/Mongo DB)
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-driven, ability to work independently and as part of a team with proven track record developing and launching products at scale
- Experience on Cloudera distribution preferred
- Hands-on Experience as a Linux Sys Admin is a plus
- Knowledge on Spark and Kafka is a plus
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.