Technical Product Analyst
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
CyberSource, a Visa company, is the leading payment management company focused on eCommerce. The company serves over 450,000 online merchants, including many leading global brands as well as a broad base of small to mid-sized accounts. Approximately 1 out of every 4 dollars spent online in North America is processed through CyberSource, and we are growing worldwide. CyberSource is a payment management service leader, combining a comprehensive suite of global payment options with sophisticated fraud and security management, delivered in a software-as-a-service model.
The Technical Product Analyst will have the responsibility to help implement the strategy for CyberSource’s Product within CyberSource’s Core Payments Team. He/she will lead definition of business requirements and development of a global product roadmap to support CyberSource’s Acquirer, Partner, Merchant and Portfolio business and define
- Analyze acquirer processor spec and come up with integration model that will be best suited for the situation given different market forces and overall strategy.
- Define end to end solution to enable new payment methods, new partner integrations in different markets. Identify dependencies on other products to deliver a complete end to end solution.
- Contribute to the development of the overall product strategy, product roadmap, and business plan for payment processing to support market expansion.
- Work closely with Product line owners, marketing, sales, Support,
- customers, partners and engineering teams to define and develop detailed product/ business feature requirements.
- Participate and sign off in product demo. Ensure product features are well understood and implemented as requested.
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for products to expand the capabilities that are aligned with business strategy.
- Define and implement strategy for the rapidly building new integrations with payments processor in different markets.
- Actively prioritize product backlog and participate in release/Sprint planning ceremonies.
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
Adept in Agile development methodologies
Strong experience in designing user experience for customer facing product and building mockup for product ideas
Analytical skills – secure and compare information from different sources to prioritize features
Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple parties to deliver a product
Strong product management experience in business portal, payment industry & API management.
Responsible for value proposition definition and communications,product differentiation, cost/benefit analysis, and executive presentations
Creative spark – in product innovation, product management, and finding ways to get things done
Demonstrated strength at building relationships, highly motivated, strong sense of urgency, ability to motivate others
Excellent written and oral communication skills with a flair forgetting people excited
Strong desire and aptitude to be very hands-on with data and reporting
Team player, with proven track record of taking initiative and ownership of responsibilities and deliverables
Prior experience in merchant services a plus
Financial services/payments, ecommerce, and mobile commerce industry experience a strong plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.