Sr. Software Engineer in Test (REF4169E)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, fast-growing career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Sr Software Engineer in Test MAPPD team based in Austin, TX, USA. We are in need of a highly motivated and skilled Sr Software Engineer in Test that is passionate on using modern software engineering and testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
- Write test plan and test cases for various projects
- Collaborate with development team to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues
- Build test tools to improve quality and performance
- Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
- Establish coding and test automation standards
- Lead efforts to design, develop, execute, and maintain automated test suites
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Work closely with quality assurance engineers and provide technical guidance to peers as needed
- Support releases and should able to run push tests to certify the build
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Selenium web driver, TestNG
- Testing Restful services
- Agile Development, Continuous Integration using Jenkins and automated testing experience
- Strong Unix skills, proficient with at least one shell and one high-level scripting language (bash, Python, Ruby)
- Real passion for high quality software engineering
- Experience leading a small team
- 5+ years software development and test experience
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
Travel: This position requires the incumbent to travel 10%+ domestically
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law..