Director, Cross Border Insights and Analytics
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Director, Cross-Border Insights & Analytics will be a key team member leading the Asia Pacific cross-border Authorisation Program based in Singapore. The individual will be form part of the Business Optimization function responsible for building and deploying a single source of truth on insights, facts, and reporting related to cross-border payment flows & driving strategic thinking & delivery of Authorisation Improvement program of work.
- Proactively collaborate with business leaders, regional and market leads to assess market intelligence and research needs across key corridors and markets. Develop strategy to procure and generate market level intelligence to support and inform cross-border growth initiatives.
- Produce ready-to-consume cross-border insight packages for corridor, market, and regional leaders including developing an “automated” process to populate insight templates with “self-serve” functionality.
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand the challenges and understand data to form an opinion on how to best help our stakeholders solve them. Balancing commercial outcomes (Revenue & Risk), Client Impacts and Competitive / Regulatory impacts. Work across our stakeholders to take insights off the paper into an executable go-to-market deliverable
- Support the decision-making framework underpinned by data curated from Visa and external sources to drive cross-border authorisation strategy
- Coordinate with existing internally-focused reporting teams to deploy a single source of truth on cross-border. This includes: align on a common set of reports, definitions, and data sources across markets and stakeholders.
- Build and deploy capability to generate forward-looking view of opportunities, develop the hypothesis of key leading indicators of cross-border trends, gather data and conduct analysis to isolate the key leading indicators of opportunity, develop and deploy the model to continuously track and report on the leading indicators.
- Programmatically lead the management reporting dashboards/scorecards, and market coordination of activity & reporting across different stakeholders
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 8 to 10 years of analytical experience in financial industries; Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field, such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, economics
- Hands on experience with manipulating and aggregating data from large data sets (industry and Visa), using SAS / SQL across multiple platforms (HADOOP) to determine meaningful insights and presenting actionable recommendations (TABLEAU)
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated analytical rigor and a significant focus on impacting ROI. Able to pivot perspectives between Visa’s B2B2C model and present a cohesive narrative. Able to tailor vision to the operating constraints of the organization
- Subject matter expert in analytics especially in areas of analytical methodologies. Strong understanding of advanced analytics techniques and emerging forms of analytics
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities, work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization, and adapt as necessary to a fast-paced work environment
- Communication skills to take highly complex output and convey facts to broad audiences
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.