Senior Designer - Human-Centered Design for Innovation
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a Senior Designer to join the Miami Innovation Center. Our goal is to expand the boundaries of what the payments industry has achieved in the Latin American and Caribbean region, focusing on financial inclusion and expanding access to digital payments. The Senior Designer will participate in research and design engagements that are central part of this effort, working in close collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, pursuing the understanding of user’s needs and crafting novel concepts to attend them. Our team follows a Human-Centered approach, applying ethnographic-style research and collaborative design methods. The output often includes blueprints for business strategies, digital products and service protocols, therefore, general familiarity with Design Research, UX Design and Service Design is expected while deep expertise in one of those fields is required.
- 4+ years of work experience practicing Design or Design Research.
- Hands-on experience practicing Human-Centered Design methodologies, as well as deep expertise in one of the following domains:
- Interaction Design/User Experience Design, or
- Service Design, or
- Design Research.
- A Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Human Factors, Interaction Design or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Master’s or PhD degree in HCI, Human Factors, Interaction Design or equivalent.
- Experience working in design engagements across organizations.
- Experience moderating workshops that include participatory methods.
- Participate in human-centered design engagements that include research and participatory design.
- Participate in workshops with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business specialists, engineers, product managers, engineers and subject matter experts.
- Participate hands on in your area or expertise, that being Interaction Design/User Experience Design, or Service Design, or Design Research.
- Share about your domain of expertise with others.
- Inspire creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of solving a problem.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.