Account Executive, New Business
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This new business sales role is responsible for identifying and executing partnership opportunities with emerging sectors.
The Account Executive, Business Development role requires an experienced sales and business development professional who can identify and secure new business in emerging issuance and payment categories across consumer and commercial sectors. Specific product solutions typically stem from debit and prepaid along with various payment and disbursement solutions. Although new use cases are emerging rapidly, and the products to support various solutions will vary.
Opportunities most often arise among 3rd parties, program managers and processors that participate in a sponsorship model (i.e., using a BIN sponsor bank and a processor).
The position will also work closely with various internal departments and external clients to ensure appropriate communication flows and sustained business relationships in the market. The position will play a significant role in developing pipeline and comprehensive sales strategies.
This position is ideally based in San Francisco but open to other U.S. office locations.
Essential Functions include:
- Build and manage pipeline of new opportunities within an innovative marketplace seeking issuance and/or disbursement solutions
- Create new opportunities and close deals that generate incremental revenue
- Focus on expanding the pie and delivering net new volume on the network
- Negotiate complex contracts
- Develop and execute against comprehensive sales strategies
- Deliver on agreed upon sales goals
- Continuously review payment landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing Visa's issuing and disbursements business
- Provide operational or technical leadership within sales
- Ensure implementation of team's annual goals and plans
- Foster productive relationships at all levels within the Visa organization
- Develop an understanding of the issuance and payments business including payment strategy across all product platforms
- Actively participate and lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned
- Participate in sales meetings and training activities
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all Visa products and services
Engaging with prospects:
- Expand the utility of Visa products and solutions by helping to develop new use cases with clients and prospects
- Utilize a consultative sales approach that ensures that the client or prospect’s business objectives are met for the maximization of their portfolio performance
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization so as to create a seamless transition to relationship management team
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure partner implementations are on track and delivering against plan, until successful transition over to relationship management team
- Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners
- Assist marketing and product organization with insight into launching new products or expanding the penetration of existing products by providing market intelligence from prospects back into the organization
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD). Or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD.
- Experience working with Venture Capitalists and/or Silicon Valley investment community
- Card Issuing/Acquiring experience beneficial. Exposure to servicing Financial Institution clients in these areas is important. Related sales experience in the payments industry or similar experience in consulting.
- Payments innovation knowledge is beneficial
- Ability to develop, lead and close competitive deals
- Proven ability to negotiate business agreements
- Willingness to learn and execute effective sales strategies for new payment products and services
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with efficiency, professionalism and with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence and ability to effectively create and deliver presentations to all audiences up to the executive levels
- Ability to coordinate internal and external resources and nurture cross-functional relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of financial indicators to measure business performance and an ability to summarize business and financial data in a useful manner for planning and decision-making
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Incumbent must be able to travel up to 30%
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.