- Shanghai, China
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Director of Global Sourcing leads by example, and through partnership to drive competitive advantage and value for Visa. The lead for Greater China markets (China/Taiwan/Hong Kong) is accountable for developing strategies to deliver sustainable results across all spend sub-categories ie: Marketing, IT, Corporate Services categories, by identifying new opportunities for value and process improvement. The Director will manage across all spend categories and have accountability to delivery against department and functional goals. You will need a strong sense of urgency and the ability to succinctly frame issues and alternatives to drive decisions forward.
• Engages and establishes business partnerships with cross functional leadership across Visa to collaborate, influence, and drive sourcing strategies
• Manages multiple complex sourcing strategies, scope requirements, Business Partnerships, and navigate complexity within a large regional and global matrixed organization
• Creates a shared vision by embedding and integrating the role of strategic sourcing into various parts of the business
• Develop strong relationships with Greater China management and functional teams and direct reports to support regional and local strategies.
• Partner very closely with other category leads to measure and assess supplier performance vs. negotiated KPIs and industry benchmarks
• Provides high level guidance on the overall continuous strategic sourcing process from needs identification, through supplier performance management.
• Maintain strong external focus by leveraging industry peers, organizations, associations and by continuing to build strong relationships outside of Visa
• A champion for change that can act decisively to drive decisions, while demonstrating agility to support the evolution of business needs
• Communicates effectively and frequently, listens carefully, and actively seeks and values the perspectives of others
• Builds effective strategic relationships with external suppliers to drive and execute category strategies
• Develop and manage category wide SRM plans with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
• Support the implementation of Global Sourcing policies and procedures and standards by working closely with all stakeholders, business units and sourcing partners.
• 12+ years of experience in Strategic Sourcing experience with a major corporate environment
• 7+ years leading the development and management of category plans and sourcing strategies.
• In-depth understanding of the suppliers marketplace in Greater China; deep industry and/or professional relationships with suppliers and agencies
• Deep understanding of metrics and associated measurement techniques
• Experience working across multiple AP geographies
• Sound proven experience in driving key Sourcing initiatives in AP markets including the execution of RFx activities.
• Past experiences in challenging the status quo by developing business cases for change through leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insights to drive a broad strategic impact across an organization
• Demonstrated contract negotiation experience, including development of negotiating plans and strategies for creative production
• Strong relationship-management skills and collaborate with functional leads, senior-to-exec management, and grow relationships with key influencers by building credibility and trust
• Excellent communication skills ; written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make concise recommendations through insights and data
• Ability to independently identify and pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously and deliver superior results
• Highly motivated; demonstrates a "can-do" approach in being proactive with work assignments
• Bachelor degree of relevant studies required. MBA, or advanced degree preferred. Professional accreditation in sourcing or procurement is a plus