Software Engineer - Full Stack Developer - Data Product Development
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is a full stack developer role for a self-motivated individual with excellent software engineering skills. The candidate will be working with a small team of developers and will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and testing. Candidate must be a good learner and should be capable to work across the layers and technologies stack. This position reports to a Director of Visa Loyalty Programs in Singapore and will be based in Singapore.
- Understand end to end product and deliver on the module you are working; on time, with high quality in an agile team by owning design, development and testing.
- Ship high quality products and features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery, production support, owning specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health.
- Accurately scope effort, identify risks and clearly communicate trade-offs with the team members and other stakeholders. .
- Coordinate and participate in Continuous Integration activities, automation frameworks for testing and deployments in addition to contributing to core product code.
So what are we looking for in a Software Engineer?
- 0-1 year of experience
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Electronics, Electrical Communication Engineering or a related field
- Strong knowledge and understanding of data structure, algorithm
- Enjoys solving complex problems
- Strong coding skills in at least one language of the following languages - Scala, Java or C++
- Familiarity with modern web technologies as HTML5, AngularJS, CSS and REST API development is a big plus.
- Familiarity in scripting with at least one language (Perl/python/shell script).
- Experience with Agile & DevOps methodologies.
- Strong analytical and automation skillset to innovate and transform the traditional operational model
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven and resourceful
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.