Acceptance and Merchant Account Manager - Level 4
- Milan, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an Acceptance and Merchant Account Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Visa is searching for a Cross-functional Account Manager for the Merchant & Acquirer organization in the Southern Cluster. As a key member of the Merchant & Acquirer team, the selected candidate will bring leadership, vision and creativity to expanding acceptance, growing usage and creating profitable partnerships with merchants and partners across the Italian market.
This role will deliver on high-profile, cross functional strategies and plans for Italy. The candidate will be working in tandem with internal partners to identify and cultivate growth opportunities, drive acceptance and engage with key merchants in order to deliver sustainable revenue growth.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Partner with and act as key interface with merchants and partners within the country to secure and grow the business for Visa
- Build direct relationships with targeted merchants defined for dedicated account coverage to establish “Visa Preference”
- Establish fluency in all Visa merchant-facing solutions and communicate and articulate all aspects of Visa value proposition for our clients
- Lead sector development opportunities and manage implementation of acceptance services, identify and prioritise clients, merchants and third parties for acceptance expansion by segmenting opportunity and targeting the most attractive ones
- Provide subject matter expertise to clients on core elements of the acceptance proposition
- Launch pilots to initially prove the new concept in Europe and use these pilots as a foundation for commercial launches and a showcase for our wider capabilities
- Develop appropriate business cases and forecasts, advocate for funding
- Review competitor and market activity to ensure propositions remain differentiated and ahead of the competition.
What we’re after…
- Experienced, results oriented executive with mid-level business experience and proven track record in managing clients/ accounts, ideally with retailers
- Experience and proven ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships
- Strong understanding of payments industry
- Understanding of merchant acquiring, retail, everyday spending business, e-commerce/m-commerce and consumer trends
- Ability to assess situations and solve problems through sound reasoning and structured thinking.
- Excellent team work and interpersonal skills for working cross-functionally
- Be open minded and excited about the future technologies, willing to learn, work and engage in a multi-cultural environment
- Be able to focus on the agreed target/result, rather than the tasks along the way and strive to achieve this at pace.
- Exceptional team player who is able to develop strong internal and external relationships ensuring uptake and delivery of Visa solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Data management and analytics skills
- Fluent in English
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.