Technical Support Analyst - Workstation Support (End User Services)
- Beijing, China
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Position Summary & Job Description
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our Operational functions into a single area focused on providing world class operational support to our end users. This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide Operational support for the services we are responsible for. As a member or the End User Systems Support team, the Workstation Technical Support Analyst will be responsible for providing support for the systems, services and tools utilized by Visa Inc’s staff. The successful candidate will be a technically versed resource with excellent customer service skills.
The Technical Support Analyst provides hardware and software support to our workstations (both physical and virtual), mobile wireless devices, voice & video equipment, end user solutions like Office 365, and Endpoint security tools. The successful candidate will work with a dynamic and evolving global team charged with continuously improving the efficiency and effectiveness of support for our end user environment.
• Executive management support on all workstation, telephony, mobile related issues and requests
• Provide 2nd level support on escalated workstation and mobile related issues and requests
• Effectively questions user to collect and understand information regarding the problem they are experiencing and leads user through diagnostic procedures to identify, isolate and resolve source of problem.
• Analyze customer problems and formulates plans to implement to obtain resolutions.
• Handles problem identification, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for user problems.
• Interact with customers via telephone, e-mail, etc. providing technical support and problems solving abilities.
• Prioritize incidents and complaints to assure all SLAs are meet.
• Utilize all technical resources to solve customer problems.
• Escalate or work in tangent with appropriate support specialists or support groups on unresolved reported issues
• Escalate hardware repairs to third party maintenance providers as needed
• Maintains call records/logs and resolution detail utilizing case management solution, Service Now.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with management to express ideas in order to make informed decisions.
• Installation of hardware/software as required.
• Provisions and prepares workstations using standard images.
• Setup and install new workstations, loaners and other workstation related equipment.
• Maintain 100% control of deployed assets by performing updates in Asset Center software relating to any changes in computer assets.
• Communicate and provide knowledge transfer to other agents/technicians on escalated calls and resolution.
• Coordinate and execute workstation relocation requests
• Work with other support groups, such as network operations, in assisting in the resolution of incidents or maintenance activities.
- Strong experience in providing exceptional customer service
- 2 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree
- Intermediate level Networking connectivity knowledge and troubleshooting
- Intermediate level experience in Installation, configuration, and support of local and LAN printers
- Proven track record in delivering customer service excellence
- 4-6 years of experience as a technician supporting over 300 users with the following:
- installation, configuration, and support of PC, Mac, telephony, mobile, and voice/video hardware/software
- hands-on support for all operational aspects of voice, video and unified communications support including, but not limited to, assigning phones, assisting with meeting scheduling, etc.
- supporting and troubleshooting Windows 10, MS Office 365 suite, OSX (current release and prior release), iOS, Android
Excellent interpersonal skills:
Active listening to end user needs, issues, complaints
Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users, and technical teams
Ability to support, and explain technical concepts to users at various levels of technical proficiency
Effectively manage difficult or volatile situations
Effective collaboration with peers and other groups
Empathetic and patient
- Effective problem solving:
Ability to effectively perform issue isolation and resolution in order to minimize downtime
Ability to assess, analyze and research technical situations and provide viable alternatives
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedures, and OEM guides
Ability to schedule and prioritize
Ability to learn new technologies and procedures quickly
Consistently provide an exceptional, pleasant and courteous service to all End Users
Provide 2nd level support for escalated workstation and mobile related issues and requests
Provide the day-to-day operational support for incidents, adds/moves/change for voice and video conferencing, and AV equipment and escalating to next level group when appropriate.
Perform daily sweeps following defined procedures to ensure all conferencing equipment is functioning properly
Effectively question end users to collect information and understand the issues they are experiencing, and perform diagnostic procedures to isolate and resolve the issues
Interact with end users in person, via telephone, e-mail, IM/chat, and social tools, to provide technical support
Prioritize incidents and complaints to assure all SLOs are meet
Maintain incident records and resolution detail utilizing ITSM Ticketing tool, Service Now
Troubleshoot incidents and document resolution notes with root cause analysis
Utilize all technical resources to solve end user incidents
Escalate or work in tangent with appropriate support specialists or support groups on unresolved issues
Escalate hardware repairs to third party providers as needed
Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with management to express ideas in order to make informed decisions
Installation of workstation, telephony, and mobile hardware/software as required
Provision and prepare workstations using standard images
Setup and install new workstations, loaners and other workstation related equipment
Maintain 100% accuracy/control in the asset database of deployed assets, recording/updating as needed
Communicate and provide knowledge transfer to other agents/technicians on issues/problems and resolution
Work with other support groups such as network operations, in assisting in the resolution of incidents or maintenance activities
Other duties and special projects as assigned
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.