Senior Director, FSS Functional Solutions Architect
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
As a member of the Global FSS leadership team, the Senior Director, FSS Functional Solutions Architect gives input into the approach and development of the technology solutions implemented to support the global Finance organization. The individual will be key to determining globally efficient solutions to meet a geographically dispersed user community. The individual will be a key advisor and partner to the FSS Leadership to deliver on the financial targets in the budget as well as delivery of projects to their budgets. They are also accountable for the leadership and delivery of technology solutions for financial analysis, profitability, financial operations, and corporate functions. Finally, they are responsible for the leadership and management of the technology solutions for all the Financial departments.
This position will be the expert for all the Financial Systems applications and technologies from a Functional/Technical perspective, and is expected to collaborate in an integrated fashion with PMO groups, Architecture and Operation teams, Technology teams, and Finance staff and leadership.
- Provide strategic direction for finance and how they can use various technologies to meet their requirements. Generate and evaluate multiple options, work closely with senior executives to understand requirements, then work with IT to design and deliver/source the right solution.
- Works closely with Enterprise Architecture teams to ensure solutions leverage enterprise standards / guidelines, and help in defining new guidelines or exceptions
- Works closely with various Operations and Technology teams on software and hardware solutions to meet Business needs.
- Communicates and collaborates with other Finance Systems Strategy leaders to Design solutions that meet Business and Project expectations.
- Work with FSS Leaders to ensure projects are progressing towards approved goals and implementation dates
- Drive solutioning across business processes and technologies that includes Business Process Redesign
- Guide and develop various proof-of-concepts in evaluation of reporting tools, and their implementations within an optimal architecture.
- Drive solutioning across reporting to ensure Finance has flexible but structured reporting capabilities to meet Business Requirements
- Co-ordinate with HR as required to provide coaching to FSS staff on process redesign and system solutioning
- Work closely with offshore teams, while maintaining a cost & quality focus
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15 years of Financial Systems experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in working with all areas of Finance (i.e. Controllers, Financial Operations, FP&A, Treasury, etc.) while contributing to senior management decision-making on how the technologies should be leveraged and integrated
- This position requires proven analytical and reporting experience with Finance systems within a global organization
- Minimum of 15 years of experience with industry ERP systems (i.e. PeopleSoft; eBusiness; SAP; etc)
- Experience with a broad range of Finance Systems supporting Controllers (GL, FA, Consolidation, Regulatory Reporting); FP&A (Profitability, Budgeting & Planning); Financial Operations (AP, PO, Sourcing, Expense Mgmt); and Treasury (Liquidity, Cash Management, Asset Management)
- Deep experience with Financial packages (e.g. PeopleSoft, eBusiness, Hyperion, OBIEE, Cognos, Tableau, etc)
- Deep knowledge of financial controls and procedures, probably gained and/or complemented with experience and/or advanced skills in a major ERP package, Oracle preferred
- International experience ideally within a complex, matrix management organization
- Knowledge of the payments industry, in particular the card business within the banking environment, is desirable
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.