Business Strategy and Operations, Global Product Go to Market, Director
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role will help define and execute on the approach for how Visa rapidly develops, deploys and scales products globally within an agile environment. The Global Product Go-to-Market team is part of the Product Delivery organization that works globally across Product to transform the organization, establish overall Product strategy, operating model, and organizational practices.
Reporting to the leader of the Global Product Go-to-Market team, we are seeking a Director who can help drive critical product initiatives, both globally and regionally, in a complex, matrixed environment. The ideal candidate will be a structured, analytical thinker with excellent communication skills. S/he has the ability to make the complex simple.
Extensive experience in product development, management and/or delivery is critical. S/he is thoughtful, curious and analytical with a desire to make an impact. Experience in today’s complex, global payments ecosystem is a foundational aspect of the role.
- Define and develop global release framework and process for existing global products.
- Collaborate to standardize global commercialization practices, including pricing, billing, and contracts.
- Define and roll-out Voice of Customer best practices to ensure global products can scale through local implementations.
- Partner with Product Delivery and Product Management teams to drive adoption of consistent practices. Collaborate with Visa University to train global team.
- Partner with regions to identify opportunities to improve and iterate how we launch and scale globally.
• 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• 10+ years of experience successfully developing, building, launching and commercializing technology products. Experience working in an Agile organization a plus.
• Past functional experience or engagement with Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success/Professional Services, or Consulting. Experience in a client-facing role a plus.
• Excellent problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to drive to desired outcomes within complex, matrixed organizations.
• Highly-skilled communicator with the ability to simplify the complex. Expertly able to build rapport and influence across all levels of an organization to achieve alignment and drive action. Experience working with global or distributed teams a plus.
• Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments globally. An active sense of humor in the face of adversity a must.
• Proven project delivery experience in a global context.
• MBA preferred.
• Incumbent must make themselves available to support clients/partners in all timezones.
• This position requires travel for work 10% of the time.
• This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.