Senior Director, Payment Flows Business Development
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Business Solutions (VBS) team is a world-class commercial organization experiencing tremendous, double-digit growth as we expand into new payment flows and continue to grow our core card solutions. This is an incredibly exciting team to join our team as we expand globally. Our team brings payment solutions and associated services to clients around the globe. Our global clients and partners deploy our solutions to serve the needs of Small Businesses, Middle Market Clients, Large Corporate Clients, Multi Nationals and Governments. We work closely with Issuers, Merchants, FinTechs and other ecosystem players to deliver these services. We believe that the market is at an inflection point whereby Visa can play a larger role in building and delivering solutions around the world. Our focus within Business Solutions is to identify needs, assess opportunities and options and quickly act upon our vision while ensuring strong execution.
We are looking for a passionate and dynamic Global Lead of Business Development of New Payment Flows to help guide Visa’s expansion into this critical area. We have a simple and unwavering vision that can be traced back to our beginnings in 1958: To be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We know that every Visa transaction is a promise, we are looking for a leader who starts with the customer and work backwards.
The ideal candidate considers simplifying as art of sophistication, building net new product or leading new business initiatives and delivering results that has scaled. He or she must be a fast learner, understanding of global banking, Payments, treasury management and their Customers’ needs will get us going within 90 days. This role is a unique opportunity to join Visa Global New Payment Flows leadership team and be part of the building out the ecosystem for partnerships and new solutions to address critical use cases like small business cross-border payments, expansion into new verticals, and solution development in the areas of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables. The leader will be passionate about customer experience, innovation and business growth.
Conceptualize and own the execution of a global strategy related to realizing new payment flows including iidentifying and defining new cross border payment use cases, define go-to-market approach and scaling plan for verticals
- Work with Visa regional leadership to develop and maintain a strong understanding of potential network participants, B2B payment providers, Fintechs and technology partners in the region and their payment requirements
Continuously review market landscape and be the SME and leader to build business case, define value drivers to network and participants and partner enablement
- Align with product leaders to drive execution of partnership vision, roadmap to ensure region / market and importantly new payment flow growth
- Establish key performance metrics and measurements for how we scale and drive adoption
- High energy level, performance oriented and passionate about B2B industry players, their customers, and emerging technology / global B2B commerce space
- Ability to work constructively in a cross-functional initiative-based governance structure and lead large, cross-functional teams where there may not be a direct reporting line
- Lead and manage multiple complex deliverables with many stakeholders, often with competing priorities
Attract and hire top talent globally
- Establish clear goals, support open feedback, coach to maximize team competency and support career development of direct reports and larger New Payment Flows team
Represent Visa at external events
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Accountability and will to win
- Execute Against Commitments
-12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
-15-18 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Experienced leader, managed or build complex B2B products
technology experience, financial service industry – Cash management, treasury a plus but not required
KPI: Enabling network effects, Quality of partners measured as Incremental value to network, transactions enabled through partners,
Other – Bilingual will be a plus
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.