Senior Director, Program Management
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to supporting client implementation of Visa products and services globally, Client Services is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s DPS, Cybersource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
The Global Client Readiness organization accelerates the Client Services deployment and scale strategy for Visa. We have a tight alignment with the product and technology teams to support design, development and deployment of Visa products and services to help speed client implementations. The organization is also responsible for all aspects of client readiness for business enhancement releases, client delivery, implementations, deployments, and support for all new and existing products and services, for all Visa clients worldwide.
We are at the core of Visa’s overall vision to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products and services to people all over the world.
We are seeking a Sr. Director of Program Management to lead complex programs. If you are a self-starter who enjoys leading cross-functional teams and being the connective tissue keeping all stakeholders coordinated across the entire program lifecycle; and you want to be responsible for successful outcomes impacting the future growth of Visa – then this is the team for you!
- Have analytical abilities, are a critical thinker and have exquisite knowledge of project management, methodologies, and tools such as MS Project, or equivalent. PMP certification or equivalent will be a plus.
- Will work with Product Portfolio Readiness leaders to structure and manage integrated, multi-track projects and/or programs that help with deployments and implementations globally
- Will play a leadership role in operationalizing key elements of the program by defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given initiative often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners
- Will demonstrate your passion for transforming program intent into a “coalition of the willing” with a sense of purpose and bring challenging cross-function efforts to life through a well-structured approach.
- Will provide direction, motivation, and support to the program and project teams. Inspire co-workers to attain goals and excellence.
- Will help fuel organizational success by elevating key wins and challenges to your sponsors—allowing them to keep their finger on the pulse of the organization and do what they do best... knock down barriers.
- Will be responsible for early identification of issues, determining potential resolutions, assigning the appropriate resources, communicating status, tracking and resolving them in a timely manner
- Will lead various program governance and inter-department forums and publish periodic project status reports
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Self-motivated and highly driven. You have get-things-done DNA. You have an Agile mindset.
- Always learning and comfortable with constant change.
- You bring a start-up mindset to your program management approach ... you see needs and fill them.
- Excellent problem-solver and critical-thinker with the ability to identify and remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
- Detail oriented and proven ability to manage multiple, cross-functional initiatives with overlapping timelines and deliverables
- Great listener and can communicate clearly with many types of people.
- Put a premium on strong working relationships and know how to use diplomacy to get things done.
- Have great judgement and show grace under pressure.
- Are trusted by senior leaders who come to you find out “what is really going on.” You are not afraid to tell it like it is.
- Build momentum for change and carry the team across the finish line in making it happen.
· Foster City, CA
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.”
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law