Staff QA Engineer, Open VisaNet
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Open VisaNet, the Next Generation payment processing platform for Visa, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa’s Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. It is built as a modern distributed architecture based on micro services with goals of five 9’s availability, fault tolerance, horizontal scalability and real time latency for largest scale transaction processing. Open VisaNet leverages state of the art Open Software technologies to achieve these goals on commodity hardware, such as Golang, Scala, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Docker, Aerospike, Elastic Search etc.
This Staff QA Engineer opening is part of OpenVisaNet Test Engineering team based in Bangalore, India. We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled Staff QA Engineer who is passionate on using modern software engineering and testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
We are looking for candidates with experience in software design, development and testing. You will be part of a talented Test Engineering (TE) Team that works on mission-critical payment applications and be responsible for testing the code manually as well as build and utilize automated test scripts and tools to test the application. You are a team player, making sure that everyone in the team feels valued and is excited to work with you. The successful candidate should be a quick learner, be responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. The candidate will serve as a technical specialist and work independently with guidance only in the most complex situations. You are willing to go beyond to provide guidance to less-experienced team members, review and evaluate codes developed by junior members to ensure we develop the highest-quality code. As a Staff Software Engineer, you should have good organizational and technical leadership skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, good time management skills, collaborate and communicate effectively with team members, and work closely TE Management to identify new scope of work and undertake initiatives.
As a Test Engineer, you will be involved in value-based exploratory testing in addition to regular systematic functional and regression testing, risk identification, and production deployment/support. In order to retain the quick time-to-market of different product platforms, you should be able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment balancing aggressive development schedules with the need for quality software. You should be able to provide innovative approaches to coordinate multi-region testing allowing more condensed testing schedules will be within daily activities. The ideal candidate should be capable of working in all phases of SDLC (i.e. development and testing) and have a demonstrated history of thinking creatively, with a solution oriented, can-do, mindset and must demonstrate a strong desire to create and sustain an enterprise-wide environment that fosters ownership, accountability, quality, commitment and innovation.
All in all, you are a motivated personality who is able to proactively identify ways to add value to the team, even when those may not be spelled out, you are flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. No matter the challenge, you know you can find a solution and encourage others to think the same. You recognize when to ask for help and when to collaborate with others and work across departments. You are team-oriented having strong work ethics with an innate desire to take up ownership and drive initiatives.
- Design and develop test plans and functional test cases from business requirements and conceptual documents
- Participate in Test design/plan review sessions with peers and other stakeholders
- Perform quality assurance testing inclusive of unit, systems, integration and regression testing, and support development of test automation
- Coordinate and support integration, end-to-end testing with peer Test Engineering groups to ensure seamless code releases.
- Ensure delivery of a high quality product meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe
- Collaborate closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any application issues
- Develop innovative approaches to accommodate tight schedules and resource constraints using test automation. Build and implement scalable, reusable test automation frameworks. Develop modular automated test scripts utilizing reusable functions, data-driven techniques and perform basic management of automation libraries.
- Communicate, collaborate and work closely with Test Engineering team members across geographies to help them comprehend, define, develop, maintain and execute automated test scripts and tools.
- Actively participate in Code reviews
- Building automation frameworks and utilities, writing Automation Scripts
- Help implement best practices
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field and 7 – 12 years of development and testing experience
- Hands-on coding experience with any of the following : GoLang, Java, C/C++ and familiarity with NoSQL databases, messaging systems, unix/linux environments and experience in scripting
- Experience in testing distributed and highly available systems
- Hands-on experience in testing and building automation suites for complex applications and preparing test plans
- Experience with Jenkins CI/CD, TestNG, JIRA, Git/Stash
- Strong understanding of Quality Assurance processes and methodologies and exposure to Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a globally distributed team in a high performance organization
- Proactive, willing to take ownership, ability to quickly learn new technologies and take up new tasks and initiatives
- Should have excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Nice to have :
- Exposure to Test Driven Development
- Experience in testing high frequency transactions
- Knowledge of Payment Processing systems, GoLang, Erlang, Cucumber
- Knowledge of ISO 8583, SOAP, XML messaging, REST, JSON
- Exposure to MicroServices based architecture