Director, Benchmarking - Visa Consulting and Analytics
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including both financial services and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The North American Consulting Practice provides consulting and solution services for Visa’s largest issuers in the United States. We apply deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments and managing risk.
Within VCA, the Benchmarking & Scorecards team uses a proven benchmarking methodology to deliver industry performance benchmarks to our clients that are unavailable from any other source. This team drives tangible and impactful financial results for Visa clients by identifying opportunities and using industry expertise and Visa’s technology capabilities to develop and change client strategies. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering and implementing projects and solutions with various types of Visa clients, including issuers such as large multi-regional, regional and community financial institutions. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both the preferred brand and a valued, long-term business partner.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous credit risk, finance, consulting and /or payments experience.
Typical projects may include:
- How does an issuer expand their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does an issuer optimize their product offerings?
- How does an Issuer’s profitability compare to a benchmark of peers?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does a Bank or Credit Union optimize their revenues?
- How can a Financial Institution drive increased spend in specific segments?
The location is Foster City, CA
- Manage all aspects of the Benchmarking & Scorecards Team’s credit risk benchmarking, including:
- Complete benchmarking engagements individually and with other team members
- Lead onsite efforts to understand client strategies, collect qualitative and quantitative data, and understand expenses, FTEs and processes
- Partner with clients to identify gaps and develop opportunities for improvement
- Present findings to client executive management teams
- Proactively engage with Visa leaders in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with Financial Institutions.
- Contribute to selling consulting engagements by identifying potential opportunities with Visa’s client banks/financial institutions.
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Build solutions and actionable insights that will help clients to grow their portfolios.
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., sales and solutions, marketing, sales, risk, innovation, products) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources.
- Produce insights, analyses and recommendations to improve client performance, boost growth, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the verticals and segments.
- Build new scalable solutions, toolkits, best practice documents and consulting approach that can be applied across VCA practice
- Develop client-specific presentations which address executive needs and deliver presentations to clients and internal Visa partners
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual to bring innovative ideas to our benchmarking practice:
- 8 - 10 years of experience with 2-3 years of experience working in a credit risk environment; consulting experience a plus
- Bachelors Degree - MBA preferred
- Knowledge of finance and general ledger accounting
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, highly energized; detail-oriented individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to clients support the growth and performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal and external clients and across the Visa organization.
- Ability to effectively manipulate and analyze large data sets (industry and Visa) to determine meanings insights and recommendations for clients
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- Proficient and ideally a power-user of spreadsheet and presentation tools
- An interest in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- An affinity for payments technology, digital, FinTech
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.