Merchant Sales & Solutions Director
- Lima District, Peru
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying business development, to increase card acceptance in Peru, by working with merchants, and other internal and external stakeholders. Position will be located at the Visa office in Lima, Peru.
- Support the implementation of the MS&S Strategy for the country in coordination with the local team,
- Identify, develop and lead the management of key merchant accounts. Add value to strategic merchants through the development and implementation of initiatives that increase acceptance and use of Visa products with strong emphasis in Omni channel and digital solutions.
- Responsible for measuring and monitoring the results of those activities.
- Develop and lead the strategic alliances with key merchants, and other stakeholders to achieve brand preference including initiatives related to product, marketing and technology
- Analyze market data to identify Merchant and Acquiring development opportunities in line with the plans
- Position will be responsible for managing the budget assigned to ensure implementation of plans is done on a timely basis and within available resources
- Position will report to Director of MS&A Peru
- He/she will interact internally with Sales, Products and Marketing teams, among others, and the MS&A Local, Regional and Global teams.
- Externally the position will interact with several stakeholders, including merchants and Third Party Agents.
- Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes; merchant/retail experience in the designated markets is required.
- Marketing knowledge,
- Sales Experience
- Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance is required.
- Sales experience
- Excellent business planning and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and engage multiple levels of management
- Ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships
- 10 years of experience, Retail or payments industry preferable
- Fluent in English
- Ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations
- Ability to identify and implement business projects
- Excellent presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree “business/ economic”
- MBA desirable
- Leadership/Influential skills
- Analytical Skills
- Collaborative /Team Player
- Goal seeker
- Ability to multitask
- Detail oriented
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.