Senior Director - Global Authorization Optimization - Visa Direct
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants and data analysts work with Visa’s clients and staff to improve portfolio and product performance, program profitability and cardholder experiences around the world. By coupling in-depth analysis of portfolio behavior with Visa’s world-class products, digital offerings and marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients’ programs operate at their peak potential and that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical and digital world.
As part of the Client Services organization, this executive leadership role has global responsibility for authorization improvement initiatives for strategic Visa initiatives - namely, Visa Direct. This charter is inclusive of strategy, execution, program management, analytics, client delivery, and communications. This role will require proven leadership skills, contextual business sense, and creative flair in order to solve real world business challenges for Visa and our clients. Understanding the value of data as an enabler of better business decisions is critical. The best candidate will maximize that knowledge by combining it with adept organizational navigation skills, the ability to effectively manage relationships and a penchant for delivering compelling insights that inspire action and drive performance and financial results.
This role owns the strategy for ensuring peak authorization performance on Visa products. Key directives include:
- Lead authorization optimization initiatives for Visa, spearheading the strategic approach, communications, analytics, tactical client engagement models, and financial/performance targets
- Establish and implement strategies that accelerate our trajectory of growth, evolve our client relationships, and break through constraints to demonstrate tangible impact through improvements in authorization performance that can be measured at the macro-level
- Utilize data and insights as a driver to structure and solve business problems and make recommendations on a wide range of opportunities in collaboration with various internal stakeholders including the product organization, client facing staff, other analytic and technical teams, regional and functional executives
- Clearly set global strategies and priorities which translate to appropriate regionalized delivery and collaboration, inclusive of global market health assessments, product performance and opportunities to drive improved client on-boarding and on-going performance for issuers, merchants, originators and processors
- Distill complex business problems, initiative progress and solutions into easy to understand, concise communications for Visa’s senior executive team
- Build and lead a team capable of driving tangible performance opportunities to fruition with both rigorous depth and appropriate scalability for a large set of clients and stakeholders
- Foster a high performing culture within your team that becomes the benchmark for excellence at Visa; develop talent from within as well as recruit talent that can inject new perspectives, skill sets and experiences
- Serve as a strategic advisor to organizational leadership and peers – inclusive of regional Client Services SVPs, Product executives, GBO regional leads, functional SVPs/VPs and others – in order to promote a consistent fact set, wide visibility of performance, and robust enhancement of analytic capabilities and delivery effectiveness
- Exceptional business acumen and technical rigor – seamlessly shift between conversations with executives and technical staff
- Cultivate deep partnerships and build relationship capital with internal executives that facilitates the advancement of strategic, cross-functional initiatives
- Be an expert at getting to the root of a problem, defining clear business objectives and outcomes as well as formalizing data requirements – all within a fast paced, fluid environment.
- Direct strategy on combining and analyzing disparate data sources across a variety of tools to derive impactful insights in a big data environment
- World-class leadership capabilities – direct, matrixed and influential
12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
This position demands an energetic, analytic business executive with demonstrated thought leadership on building and sustaining an operational performance and/or client engagement function. Deep expertise in payments, analytics, business consulting or operational excellence is highly desirable.
A minimum of 15 years of success with progressive responsibility, including:
7+ years of experience in management consulting, strategic operations or insight delivery
5+ years of leadership or management experience
5+ years of corporate strategy, strategic planning or analytic consulting experience
Possess a relentless client-centric, result-driven mindset coupled with strong problem solving skills and an ability to break down complex problems to promote alternative, new ways of thinking
Be a transformative leader – inspire others to a new level of excellence at all levels of the organization
Extensive experience in the banking or financial services sector with Visa experience or knowledge of the payments industry desirable; specific knowledge of authorizations is highly desirable
P&L ownership or similar quantitative business responsibility for financial or operational performance is highly desirable
Demonstrable experience leveraging data from a variety of sources to craft meaningful business insights that drive strategic or financial value - be able to go deep techincally and analytically and pull up for executives
Exceptional verbal, written, motivational and interpersonal skills are required.
Graduate/advanced degree in a quantitative or business field is highly desirable
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings
Mental/Physical Requirements: · This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.