Lead Java Full Stack Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
In Corporate IT our mission is to be obsessed with customer experience and be the best delivery organization. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will act as liaison between business partners and development team and make sure internally developed product for Visa’s Operational Resiliency business function is built as per the requirements. You will work with business stakeholders to drive requirements and product releases. The ideal candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to evolve our platforms, be able to easily understand business goals/requirements, able to provide POC’s, solutions and be forward thinking to identify opportunities for improvement. We believe in leading by example, ownership with high standards and being curiously creative.
Learn more about Visa's Corporate IT organization at careers.smartrecruiters.com/visa/cit
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with a Master’s Degree
- Overall 10 -12 years of experience in Software Development and System Analysis
- 5+ years of rich experience in working with mission critical, highly available applications as System Analyst/Business Analyst/ Solution Architect
- 3+ Years of experience in building or working with full stack developed application systems
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Development.
- Experience with CICD framework and tools like Jira, Jenkins, Git/Stash
- Experience with NoSQL databases, MongoDB is required
- Experience in developing prototypes, POC’s is required
- Understanding and working experience with Hibernate frameworks
- Strong hands-on experience with REST web services
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills and presentation skills to communicate effectively the business needs and product road map in team and to multiple organization levels
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Understanding of application programming, web services, database and system design
- Experience in building and managing business continuity applications is added advantage
- Understanding or experience with mobile applications a plus
- Working experience in large enterprises is beneficial
- Strong follow-through, ability to drive to closure and resolution of complex system issues
- Work with project stakeholders including business and technology teams to review and understand business requirements and to translate those requirements into written detailed use case documentation and functional requirements specifications
- Effectively use planning tools such as Jira to develop documents and to provide clear vision for scope, use cases, workflows, wire-frames, product requirements, acceptance criteria and other materials as needed to support technical design, development and QA activities
- Analyze system and data failures to identify and contribute to operational excellence and control needs
- Provide conceptual estimations, project timelines, develop TDD, FDD
- Work as liaison between development and business teams
- Analyze the BRD by converting into multiple independent enhancements and supporting the overall release planning, scoping and estimation process
- Ensure requirements issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Set and manage expectations of all stakeholders through effective written and oral communications
- Effectively communicate plan, status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Work closely with business team, understand the road map, and contribute feasible ideas, which can benefit the program.
- Support business in QA, UAT and with implementation plan
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This positions requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.