Supplier Manager – Technology
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa USA is a Visa company. Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Own and lead supplier performance management and other supplier management activities for strategic suppliers in the indirect Technology category. This role is part of the Supplier Performance Management Team and will manage all strategic and daily activities related to the ongoing performance management of these key suppliers. This role partners with cross-functional stakeholders, Category Leads, Supplier Risk Management and others to track contract deliverables and maximize value with key suppliers.
· Lead ongoing supplier performance management for key Technology suppliers.
· Accountable for managing the SPM process for assigned suppliers/categories; internal/external relationships, monitor, analyze and report on trends, develop action plans for improvement, market analysis and track ongoing progress.
· Develop performance metrics, surveys, and scorecards aligned with organization priorities and manage supplier performance against ongoing trends to maximize supplier partnerships.
· Partner closely with category leads and business partners to integrate program outputs into category plans and strategies for future negotiations and supplier selection.
· Manage Visa Supplier Survey and Scorecard process to track supplier performance, KPIs/SLAs/KRIs, risk issues, and more.
· Lead Quarterly/Executive Business Reviews with Executives, Supplier Account Teams, Strategic Sourcing Leadership and business stakeholders.
· As needed, collaborate with Visa Risk Stakeholders, Sourcing, and others for the socialization and resolution of key supplier risk or performance issues.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
· 8+ years of experience as a Supplier Management professional or in a related field with experience in managing Marketing and/or Client Product suppliers
· 8+ years of experience in Supplier/Vendor Management within the Technology or Financial Services sector(s).
· Understanding of the supplier marketplace with focus on indirect suppliers
· Knowledgeable about Procurement/Sourcing processes and methodology
· Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on course of action
· In-depth knowledgeable about contract terms and conditions, SLAs, Supplier KPIs, and more.
· Superior project management skills
· High level of self-motivation and initiative, and ability to operate as a team player.
· Strong relationship management skills and ability to influence at senior management level both internally and externally.
· Excellent organizational and presentation skills, including an advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
· Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and to identify new ways to approach old problems
· Ability to identify and pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously and deliver superior results
· Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree in business preferred
· Professional accreditation in sourcing, procurement or supplier management a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-10% of the time.
No Sponsorship or Relocation is available for this position.