Senior QA Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We at Visa, dream of a future where it's easy to pay and be paid. Across the planet. Where ever. Whenever. Securely. Easily. We have a great toolbox of leadership technologies including Cybersource and Authorize.net. Together, we are building leading edge full-service Payment Management solutions combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems. We are looking for a talented Senior Software Test Engineer to join our team!
The Senior Software Test Engineer will play a pivotal role in our Merchant & Acquiring Processing department. In this mission critical role, it's an opportunity to design and implement test solutions and taking it to the production with high quality completing all testing phases, following an agile methodology. The responsibilities also include gathering and clarifying requirements, facilitating communication with other groups within the organization, and guiding architectural decisions. It is an opportunity to learn, lead and work on technologies for all Merchant & Acquiring Processing applications.
BS degree in Computer Engineering or related feild and 4 of experience working in technology industry with experience in coding and testing applications.
- MS Degree in Computer Engineering and 2-5 years of experience working in technology industry with experience in coding and testing applications.
- 2-3 Years of experience working with UI/UX automation with Selenium, multi-browser testing is a must.
- Karma, Mocha, Jasmine and similar tool sets is a plus.
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines is a plus.
- Experience with Cassandra/ solr/ nosql experience as a plus.
- Experience writing and executing detailed test cases, test plans and test design documents.
- Must have experience in debugging and troubleshooting problems in Linux/Unix based application servers such as JBoss, Tomcat, WebSphere environments.
- Must have experience in a technical capacity and quality methodology/release process/testing techniques in order to provide guidance and leadership to junior team members is required.
- Must have experience testing in an AGILE environment and should have exposure to testing environment migration, DB and infrastructure/system upgrades.
- Continuous Integration, Code/Test coverage working in different methodologies is a plus.
- Must have proactive and strong communications to work well across teams.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel 10%+ domestically
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law..