Sr. Database Engineer - -REF18791J
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Primarily the architecture, engineering, deployment and support of Oracle database. Secondary responsibility will be support of Postgres database.
This includes, but is not limited to, advanced to expert engineering and implementation of the following:
- Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
- Database administration for off the shelf and internally developed applications, ensure continuous 24x7 operation and availability in support of mission critical business applications and participating in on-call rotation.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain Oracle databases in production and non-production environments.
- Support local/across the DC failover with High Availability Disaster Recovery environment. Participate in Database Maintenance and DR activities.
- Write/maintain Shell/Perl/Python scripts for DB automation.
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
- Physical implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of escalated Level 2 and Level3 issues.
- Regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements, and the structured organized reporting of the same.
- Work closely with other Infrastructure engineering, product development, business operations, and technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLA’s and performance targets.
- Adapt business requirements, model data, and develop database specifications, table and element attributes.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring and tuning, recovery, and database change management processing.
- Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information technology field is a must.
- 5-7 years of DBA experience, managing Oracle & PostgreSQL databases.
- 3-4 years of Oracle GoldenGate experience, managing complex replication topology
- Good understanding & Working Experience of Oracle database fundamentals
- Good understanding & Working Experience of Oracle GoldenGate Active-Active environments.
- Good understanding & Working Experience of Oracle DataGuard fundamentals
- Good understanding & Working Experience of Oracle database security management
- Good understanding of PostgreSQL database fundamentals
- Good understanding of PostgreSQL streaming and logical replication
- Good understanding of PostgreSQL database security management
- Should have strong UNIX platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
- Good knowledge of operating systems, Shell scripting, Perl/Python scripting is a plus
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.