Senior Cybersecurity Machine Learning Engineer - Security Engineering
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
We are looking to hire a Staff Machine Learning Engineer to join the Security Engineering team, working out of Visa's Global HQ in Foster City, California. You will play a critical role by engineering cybersecurity products and services with a truly global impact.
- Core responsibility: The candidate will be developing and implementing machine learning / deep learning algorithms to solve cybersecurity related use cases and help engineer products that defend Visa's core systems and data against attackers.
- Engineer first: The candidate should be an engineer at heart, possessing software engineering skills that allow them to build and engineer new ML/DL capabilities vs. simply integrating existing open source components or operating a vendor solution.
- ML/DL skillset: The candidate will be utilizing information retrieval, data analytics, and statistical modeling techniques to build new machine learning and deep learning models. This will include the entire life-cycle including collection of data, feature engineering, model development, training, testing, and deployment into production.
- Security philosophy: Rewriting of any existing code using more robust type-safe and memory safe languages while incorporating faster data piping and parallel processing frameworks.
- Performance: Engineering of products and services while accounting for computability and complexity (e.g. NP-complete problems) and security architecture (e.g. memory, cache, deadlocks, etc.)
- R&D: Develop prototypes and algorithms (e.g. searching, sorting, optimization, dynamic programming) while performing data engineering tasks around aggregation and data synthetization from a multitude of structured and unstructured data sources.
- Presentation skills: Present results to a cross section of employees, including senior leaders at Visa. Utilize graduate-level research and analysis skills.
- 4-10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Software Engineering: The candidate must have software engineering background in functional or object oriented programming languages
- Machine Learning: knowledge of common ML frameworks and libraries Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow, scikit-learn
- Programming Language Experience: Golang, Python, C++, or Scala in the fields of machine learning, data analytics, or information retrieval.
- Research to Models to code: Should possess ability to quickly and effectively turn conceptual or academic research into working models and code.
- Scalable systems: Knowledge of NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra) is a plus along with experience to working on large datasets.
- Network, System, and Solution Architecture background is a plus
- Familiarity with Git and Unix/Linux commands
- Server-client modeling, including MVC architecture knowledge
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Position does not require the incumbent to travel.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.