Senior Director, Digital Channel Strategy
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Director of Digital Channel Strategy is responsible for:
Leading a team that defines the strategy and drives the evolution of our external owned digital communication channels. These channels include our corporate blog and social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor).
Partnering with regional and corporate communications leads to develop and execute compelling digital content programs that are aligned with ongoing business initiatives and the corporate narrative to drive high engagement among targeted stakeholders to advance Visa’s business goals and the company’s reputation.
This leader will report to the Vice President of Global Corporate and North America Communications. The Senior Director is an experienced digital strategist, storyteller and channel manager with the ability to translate communications programs to work in the digital world, combined with the ability to create a metrics driven, strategic approach that will help us define success. The Senior Director works in partnership with communications and marketing partners, technology partners and others in the business to deliver integrated communications programs that create targeted, impactful, and measureable results.
12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; or 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (MBA, Master's, JD)
You are results-oriented professional with 10 + years of digital storytelling and integrated communications experience, with knowledge of running digital and social channels.
You have prior experience with channels management and content distribution, both in North America and internationally.
You have a strong track record in editing, managing and creating content for a variety of communications platforms.
You have proven experience managing teams and processes to deliver efficient output and results.
Broad understanding of the conventions and ‘best practice’ of social media platforms.
You have intimate knowledge and understanding of SEO and Analytics.
You have distinct understanding of web/mobile UX/UI design and testing.
You have prior experience collaborating with UX/UI teams to define modern, highly engaging digital experiences.
Familiarity with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or other content management systems.
Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop a plus.
Knowledge of basic design and development criteria including responsive vs adaptive sites.
You have prior experience working with all range of communications apps and platforms (e.g. PowerPoint, intranets, collaboration tools, social listening, blogs, video, photography etc.)
- Be responsible for setting the channel strategy for Visa’s external owned digital communication channels, metrics, KPIs, working model, and running the team operations.
- Partner closely with communications leads to plan and execute a content and platform strategy that drives high engagement by creating and defining a working model with the rest of the team to understand how they can plug into these channels for their plans, driving integrated communications efforts.
- Lead an integrated team that supports digital, video, social, print, design (infographics)
- Serve as digital storyteller and editor and chief for all content to ensure quality, clarity, consistency and alignment to Visa’s business and reputational goals.
- Write, edit, design social and blog content that aligns with Visa’s voice, and establish standards and processes to ensure consistently high quality of content to support business objectives across the team.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, creating a channel strategy for each social network to advise regional and corporate communications leads on how they utilize these channels in ongoing programs.
- Create integrated editorial calendars for each channel
- Develop and evangelize KPIs and reporting methodology for channel metrics in a dashboard format that facilitates sharing of insights
- Set a budget and a paid strategy for each social channel in line with our KPIs and goals.
- Establish strong relationships and processes with the broader Communications teams and content owners across the organization to align roles and requirements, solidify content and evolve the various channels.
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure alignment of activities and to identify synergies
- Manage a design agency to evolve the channels based on audience needs and Visa’s goals/priorities.
- Manage the team’s budget to ensure dollars are allocated appropriately based on the various roadmaps.
- Use agile methodologies to ensure project timelines are met and under budget.
- Maintain an understanding of web/mobile design trends to continually upgrade digital experiences.
- Collect, monitor and analyze social and website metrics and make improvements accordingly.
- Stay updated on industry trends and adjust content and channels strategy as needed.
- Exceptional communicator with outstanding oral, written, editing and presentation skills.
- Strong leader and strategic thinker with ability to provide timely strategic and tactical guidance to communication staff and cross-functional business partners.
- Effective collaborator through the use of influence and inspiration to achieve desired results.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including strengths in meeting objectives through influence, facilitation and team building.
- “Hands-on” team player who builds strong relationships internally and externally.
- Self-starter, who is nimble, flexible and comfortable working in an environment where priorities can change quickly.
- Analytical leader who can manage and adapt strategy/execution under deadline pressure.
- Diplomat and mentor.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
The incumbent may be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 15-20%.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.