Sr. Program Manager - Legal, Risk and Compliance Technology
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses, and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants, and government entities with a secure, convenient, and reliable way to pay and be paid in more than 200 countries and territories.
The Corporate IT (CIT) organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development and production support of key internal systems supporting areas such as Finance, Revenue, Treasury, Human Resources, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Contact Center and End User. Within this organization, the Legal, Risk & Compliance Information Technology team supports full life-cycle delivery and ongoing support of strategic technology initiatives for the business units, and the global employee community.
Learn about Visa’s Corporate IT organization at careers.smartrecruiters.com/visa/cit
Do you love organizing and managing technical programs? Building partnerships and relationships? Ensuring risks and changes are properly identified and managed? Are you exemplary at delivering executive-level communication? We are looking for you!
This senior role in Corporate IT provides strategic and tactical leadership of our Legal Risk Compliance (LRC) technology program at Visa. The ideal candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to evolve our LR&C platforms, be able to easily understand business goals/requirements and be forward thinking to identify opportunities that may be effectively resolved with technology solutions. We believe in leading by example, ownership with high standards and being curiously creative. Responsibilities include communication, portfolio and program governance and reporting, and driving both operational excellence and innovation across multiple LR&C portfolio tracks and work teams.
- Establish and manage the portfolio front door process
- Lead for the portfolio the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) with business partners, delivery leads, Finance and Technology Planning & Business Office (TPBO)
- Lead capacity and demand exercises that translate into project sequencing, funding requests and workforce planning
- Responsible to insure financial forecasting (labor and professional fees) is completely timely and accurately, as well as following up on variances and resolving discrepancies
- Identify and track portfolio metrics, i.e. “year in review” story, keep us focused on making this happen, help making year-end Goals metrics gathering easier (where we share common metrics), etc.
- Review, edit, approve project manager documents such as Approval To Spend (ATS), project charters, review gates
- Publish weekly leadership team highlights for the portfolio
- Create and track total cost of ownership (TCO) and business case materials for new projects and initiatives
- Review project status materials and provide coaching and edits to project managers
- Attend weekly Corporate IT operations meetings to represent the portfolio
- Prepare all-hands meeting slides/materials for the portfolio
- Organize product demonstrations with portfolio delivery leads
- Contribute to a department newsletter with news and information specific to the portfolio
- Coordinate monthly and/or quarterly business reviews (MBR/QBR) with business partners and/or vendors
- Own contribution to department MBR
- On an as-needed basis and available capacity, provide back up support for project managers
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- BA/BS degree is required with preference for degrees in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. MS/MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in relevant leadership roles in technology planning, portfolio management, program management, business/systems analysis, technical product development and management, management consulting, software development, and/or technology strategy.
- Management consulting experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile/Lean development environment with strong preference for direct experience leading and supporting larger-scale, enterprise Agile implementations and transformations.
- 3+ years of experience directly involved in the development and management of products in payments, financial services, software development or related industries highly preferred. Demonstrated ability, interest, and motivation to understand product architecture, requirements, and dependencies.
- Solid understanding of the software/product development lifecycle (SDLC/PDLC) and program and project management techniques, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong process orientation and demonstrated ability to define and document new or improved
- product/program planning, product development, quality assurance, release management, and other processes and workflows.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, collaboration and teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to gain trust, secure buy-in and influence change at all levels.
- Highly effective facilitation skills in both large and small group settings.
- Highly skilled in the creation of presentations, new reporting mechanisms and other documents. High attention to detail with ability to synthesize information from multiple sources and distill it in crisp, clear language appropriate for a variety of audiences including technology and business executives.
- One or more Agile or PMI certifications
- Good familiarity with project management software tools and project management techniques
- Define the product roadmap, success metrics, SLA by partnering with other leaders in LR&C, keep it up to date and enforce
- Work closely with all stakeholders for scope and prioritization to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of and achieve high rating from customers
- Function as the systems subject matter expert (SME) for 2-3 distinct functional areas (i.e. Privacy Impact Assessment, Legal Billing, Records Management etc…)
- Function as a product manager to explore, evaluate, recommend, and design new features and functionalities for applications implemented at Visa
- Participate in the architecture and integration of Legal & Compliance applications including design, testing, implementation
- Perform quality and user testing including test strategy documentation, test case preparation, test execution and test results documentation
- Work with project management to participate in agile working teams to ensure seamless timely delivery of products
- Work with operation and engineering teams to ensure reliable operations and SLAs met or exceeded
- Analyze system and data failures to identify and implement operational excellence and control needs
- Ensure all processes are fully met in line with company guidelines and support, compliance reviews, testing and audits
- Maintain working knowledge of Legal & Compliance technology trends and best practices
- Develop, manage, and maintain positive relationships with business partners, vendors and consultants to address support and project activities
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position will require <5% travel
- This position will require the incumbent to work during core business hours
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.