Product Manager - Predictive Insights - Arlington, VA
- Arlington, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The global Product Organization delivers the holistic product strategy for Visa and accelerates the seamless delivery of our products into markets. We are at the core of Visa’s overall vision to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products and services to people all over the world.
We are looking for looking for junior Product Managers with varying levels of experience and background (0-6 years) to join our progressive Product Management team.
As a Product Manager at Visa, you will be a key member of the team that drives the latest and most innovative ideas from product ideation, to build, to launch, to scaling in the market. You will assist in delivering next generation product offerings to our customers, including innovative payment experiences, cutting edge fraud prevention, capabilities to help banks and merchants meet their consumers’ needs, and local solutions tailored to one or more of the 200 countries we operate in.
You must be a self-starter, ready to learn and experiment, and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. A key driver of success will be the ability to focus on the highest leverage activities in the face of rapid change and new information, and the ability to independently drive activities all the way to successful completion.
· Analyze market trends and competition to inform prioritization of backlogs, new product development, and iteration on existing products
· Support the development of the product strategy, go-to-market plans, and product documents (concept document, business case, product backlog)
· Develop and articulate product goals to a wide audience
· Understand and be able to explain statistical models
· Distill market research to provide perspective to the team and product management leaders to inform insights and decisions
· Collaborate with internal Visa teams (e.g., regional teams, Product Marketing, Business Development) to define and execute a cohesive strategy related to a specific product or feature
· BA/BS required
· 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and to build strong and productive relationships
· BA/BS in a quantitative field or MBA
· 4+ years of analytical experience in the financial services industry or at a top-tier consulting firm
- Knowledge or experience with Agile methodology to drive product development and delivery
· Adaptable to a variety of different work and projects
· Experience managing and working with clients
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.