Consultant, Visa Consulting and Analytics
- Beijing, China
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What is VCA?
As part of the Visa’s Asia Pacific Consulting Practice, VCA applies deep expertise in the credit card industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. We drive tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa's clients, including card issuers, acquirers, and merchants. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as analytics, credit card product development, risk management, marketing, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments, among others, and solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
What will I work on in the VCA practice?
The Consultant of VCA will support consulting engagements for Visa clients in China, enabling portfolio growth and improved profitability in clients’ credit card business, as well as acquiring and merchant business.
Potential projects could include portfolio management diagnostics, product and customer segmentation analytics, marketing strategies development, risk management strategies development, customer experience diagnostics and enhancement, assessments of digital products and related marketing strategies, development of industry landscape evaluations and best practices, and consulting projects management.
Working with the Senior Director, the Consultant will be responsible for significant components of client engagements, and in some cases entire end-to-end delivery of client engagements. Specifically this will involve the Consultant interacting with the client team, gathering and managing project inputs, analyzing and forming conclusions and recommendations, putting together compelling project reports and working with clients on executing recommendations.
• Prepare client proposals and project plans, identifying dependencies, roles and responsibilities
• Actively engage in the actual delivery of the project once it starts, generating revenue for the company by charging time on the project.
• Ensure project engagements remain on track, utilizing governance frameworks, and mitigating / resolving complex problems that emerge during engagements
• Prepare project materials including interview guides, data requirements, concepts, frameworks
• Undertake client interviewing, collecting and analyzing input such as client information, data, processes, policies, competitive and environmental information
• Create, develop and maintain models, contribute to IP creation and standardized VCA offerings
• Continuously build knowledge, surfacing new insights and producing thought leadership pieces that contribute to practice development
• Identify solutions and recommendations that are linked to client objectives and result in performance improvement
• Create compelling presentations to illustrate findings, ideas, recommendations, and within consulting engagements
• Recommending approaches, providing guidance and at times physically supporting implementation at the client site
• Collaborate with local AE/other functional teams to gain insights and support client engagement and execution
What is Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) looking for in a Consultant?
Having already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be curious about the credit card industry and keen to work alongside an experienced team in gaining a deeper understanding. You will be comfortable engaging in the delivery of a project, managing a project end to end and relish the opportunity to work closely with clients to influence their future performance.
Specific requirements are:
• Experience in management or technology consulting related to the credit card industry, or within credit card management
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
• Must be team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, able to work effectively in matrixed organization
• Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
• Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
• Significant knowledge in analytical tools and processes commonly used in the credit card industry such as SAS and database structures
• Experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data
In addition, you will have:
• Language skills – strong English and Mandarin Chinese, written and verbal skills.
• 3-5 years’ experience in Consulting, Strategy, Issuing, or Acquiring/Merchant role
• Strong consulting experience preferred with project management skills
• Expert level PowerPoint and Excel
• Significant understanding of statistical analysis, modeling, scoring schemes, etc.
• Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases
• Be very detail oriented, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports and data analysis
• Strong undergraduate academic accomplishment
• Location: Shanghai, Beijing, or Guangzhou. Other locations negotiable
• Willingness to travel (30% or more)