Staff Software Test Engineer (REF18507E) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is recruiting a Staff Test Engineer for Digital Developer Platform group (DDP) to bring creative thinking to some of our key products. Working with a team of talented Engineers you will be at the forefront of revolutionizing the test approach across exciting new enterprise applications where reliability, performance, scalability and security are vital.
As a Staff Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Build test automation framework to support DDP programs/applications
- Build test tools to improve quality and performance
- Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
- Establish coding and test automation standards and best practices
- Lead efforts to design, develop, execute, and maintain automated test suites
- Setup, configure, and maintain test and CICD environments
- Collaborate with development team to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues
- Work closely with other test engineers and provide technical guidance to peers as needed
- Establishing, leading and executing the testing strategy of multi-tiered appliation at team level
- Represent the team when rolling out of our application and services
- Partnering with your technical counterparts to deliver world-class products
- Embracing Agile to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process
- Championing the importance of quality in all aspects of the delivery lifecycle
- Channeling your creative and innovative mindset to continually evolve and enhance the test strategy and processes
- Taking a "hands-on" role in both the creation and execution of manual and automated test cases
- Lead functional, non-functional, integration and regression testing of DDP products
- Investing appropriately in process changes, automation, tools etc. to reduce, improve and simplify the overall testing effort for the product
- Coaching and mentoring our talented Test Engineers to nurture and refine their testing mindset and skills
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7+ yrs of software development and test automation experience in Web UI using Selenium and/or mobile test automation (iOS and/or Android), preferably using Appium
- 5+ yrs of experience in Restfull APIs/Web Services
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++,
- Strong Unix skills, proficient with at least one shell and one high-level scripting language (bash, Python, Ruby)
- Real passion for high quality software engineering
- Experience with Agile Development and CICD (i.e. Jenkins, Concourse)
- Be an advocate for quality, influencing the team to build quality into the release pipeline
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results
- Have proven experience in testing with a creative edge, showcasing strong problem-solving skills
- Have demonstrable experience in leading testing effort on large-scale software projects
- Experience in Mobile test automation, preferably appium
- Be a passionate advocate for nurturing Testing talent through coaching and mentoring
- Have strong knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.