Manager, Pricing and Compliance
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Manager, Pricing and Compliance will manage the process to recognize revenue for Value Added Services provided per Value-In-Kind contracts, and ensure that Visa bills its clients correctly by managing updates to Visa’s Billing systems, for contractual pricing, correctly and on a timely basis. Responsibilities range from reviewing Visa’s customer contracts; implementing billing changes; and preparing and processing billing adjustments where needed. The position will be based in Visa's headquarters in Foster City, California.
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Auditing or Accounting (Advanced degree preferred)
- MBA degree or equivalent preferred
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience (Card payment industry preferred but not required)
- Experience in managing, developing and leading employees
- Expertise in Revenue Recognition rules, knowledge of Visa’s products and business a plus
- Strong Financial Analysis skills to decipher and implement complex financial terms incorporated in Visa’s contracts with its customers
- Strong decision making skills, business analysis/problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and upbeat customer-service attitude
- Advanced skills in both MS Excel and Access. Experience using OLAP tools is preferred
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to work independently and in a team oriented environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines and accustomed to a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment to drive results
- Self-motivated and be willing to utilize and learn new technology to solve problems
- Proficient with other MS Office applications such as Word and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with Cognos, MicroStrategy reporting tool and Oracle Financials is a plus
- Manage the process to review newly executed Value-in-Kind contractual obligations, assess Visa's contractual pricing obligations and implement changes needed to the Billing systems
- Manage the process for recognizing revenue for Value-in-kind contracts
- Provide guidance for billing terms to be included in negotiating new contracts
- Negotiate with Clients, Visa Account Executives and Account Management groups to resolve billing issues, review customer billing adjustments and explain Visa Billing Statements
- Manage efforts of Client Incentive, Global Client Contract Management, Global Client Incentive Operations and Billing groups to resolve customer contract and billing issues
- Prepare and present complex pricing adjustment calculations (both accrual and cash basis) to Senior Management for approval
- Assist Finance Operations team in implementation of Revenue Systems Strategy
- Manage analysis of revenue data and preparation of customer/product revenue reports for Management
- Manage design, development and implementation of Billing Compliance programs
- Manage ongoing reviews of billing systems, processes and controls through the interpretation of historical financial, operational and transactional data to mitigate the risks of potential billing errors
- Develop financial models to monitor revenue and pricing compliance on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Document significant findings and related recommendations
- Provide ad-hoc analytical support to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Visa’s core billing and reporting systems
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires no travel
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.