Senior Software Engineer (REF20344Q) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Digital and Developer platform group in VISA is one team that strongly works towards next-gen payments and believes in its slogan “"It's Everywhere You Want to Be," for making payments accessible everywhere and for everyone. This group innovates technology that improves the lives of millions od people around the world for the payment ecosystem. The desired candidate will be part of this journey of our team and will be contributing to achieve the same.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and monitor critical Digital Products. This will also include end to end application support, engaging customers and business, analyze functional and technical in-depth solutions.
- Work closely with the corresponding dev teams in terms of bug fixing and suggesting new features and enhancements based on live issues.
- Develop tools and programs to achieve operational efficiency, smooth customer experience and become subject matter expert.
- Lead technical bridges and interact with both technical staff and management during the incident and change management process.
- Provide guidance and technical expertise to junior team members.
- Provide ideas and develop tools that will ease the day today activities of the team.
- Dive deep and understand every issue occurred and own them completely for end to end closure.
Your background will ideally include:
• Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or other technology field; Typically, candidates are expected to
- Strong work ethic, leadership skills, excellent judgment and good time management in prioritizing work, and the ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Strong technical background with full stack application knowledge with hands on experience on REST technologies.
- Knowledge in Java or related technologies would aid in bug fixing, understanding the products supported better and also to support integration related issues.
- Experience supporting web and mobile applications and troubleshooting problems in a cross-functional environment.
- Willingness to work on-shift and on call as in needed with a strong technical aptitude and excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of technical support and development experience with Java, Automation, bug fixing, Production & Application support
- Experience working with any log analysis tools and applications.
Our engineers do more than just write and test code:
• We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions.
• While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
• You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail.
• You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together.
• You have the passion to understand people and always strive harder to improve our products and services!
• You have excellent interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!